Who's still using a Nokia Lumia 822?

xFalk

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Got my L822 back in November 2012. Love the phone and it continues to work great for me. Still running WP 8.1. I'm not a huge app user so the few I have are good enough. There's some I would like but I've been managing okay without them. I do wish I could use W10 Mobile apps and features though. My biggest gripe about my L822 is the picture quality. Wish it was better. Always need to use my wife's Samsung S7 when we need to take pictures that are worth keeping.

The charging port on my phone doesn't really work very well without some finagling, but I bought a wireless charging back a couple of years ago and that works beautifully. Now I would never want a phone that doesn't charge wirelessly.

Holding on to my L822 as long as I can because I need to stay on Verizon for now. Really would like a brand new WM10 mobile device and holding out for a possible Surface phone. Of course that might just be a pipe dream.

I'm completely divested from the Google ecosystem and cringe thinking about having to eventually get an Android phone or iPhone.

Anyone else still rockin' an 822?

Darkload

Sep 3, 2017
Visit site
Got my L822 back in November 2012. Love the phone and it continues to work great for me. Still running WP 8.1. I'm not a huge app user so the few I have are good enough. There's some I would like but I've been managing okay without them. I do wish I could use W10 Mobile apps and features though. My biggest gripe about my L822 is the picture quality. Wish it was better. Always need to use my wife's Samsung S7 when we need to take pictures that are worth keeping.

The charging port on my phone doesn't really work very well without some finagling, but I bought a wireless charging back a couple of years ago and that works beautifully. Now I would never want a phone that doesn't charge wirelessly.

Holding on to my L822 as long as I can because I need to stay on Verizon for now. Really would like a brand new WM10 mobile device and holding out for a possible Surface phone. Of course that might just be a pipe dream.

I'm completely divested from the Google ecosystem and cringe thinking about having to eventually get an Android phone or iPhone.

Anyone else still rockin' an 822?

Yes it works just fine, am on win 10 with a dead camera stuck on the same build... It never slows down, I mainly use it for music, groove.

Alice8543

Apr 8, 2019
Visit site
It’s been so long since I reviewed a Windows phone, that they weren’t even called Windows Phones back then. They were called Windows Mobile phones. So it’s an understatement to say that I’ve been long overdue to try one UPSers

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3