Losing Wifi???

luv2skipow

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone else experiencing a loss of wifi at times?

I have had 3 occasions where it drops it and when I go to the wifi settings no networks are available at all.
I have had to reboot to regain the signal.

Thanks

Tellus82

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
Sadly i do not have issues with my 830 & wifi, it's been rock stable. In your case i would check if any other devices using the same wifi have similair issues, next on checklist would then be if the channel your wifi is using is being interfered with in some manner (other nets or appliances creating noise). Next is to check if you have the same issues with the phone on other networks, this can ofcourse be done before checking your own net. I have tested my 830 on ASUS, Netgear and ZyXEL products and it is stable on all of them (all "N" products) but it could still be a compabillity issue ith another make.

Likwidz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I have two 830's and one of them does the same thing. It will lose connection then when I go to wifi settings nothing shows up. End up having to reboot it as well. Are you running update 1 on yours? I have it one of the phones and that one so far hasn't had the same prob.

luv2skipow

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
The phone is up to date.
It is a Rogers 830 and ...yes....no wifi spots show up at all so it isn't my network.

I have two 830's and one of them does the same thing. It will lose connection then when I go to wifi settings nothing shows up. End up having to reboot it as well. Are you running update 1 on yours? I have it one of the phones and that one so far hasn't had the same prob.

ronharding

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
Hello Everyone,

I have started to have the same issue. all works great, and then the phone does not see any WiFi. My wife has an 830 but has not had it happen. Both Phones are on Bell, If I reboot, all is well until it happens again...

I hav2 a 5GHz and 2.4GHz WiFi set up. doesn't matter which one I am on. when I notice that WiFi is not connected, it does not see ANY WiFi networks...

UPDATE,

It has only happened one more time. I went to airplane mode and then back, and WiFi worked...
new issue... 2 times now my Sim card was not recognized, and I had to reseat it...

Last edited:

Braumin

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
I got a TELUS 830 for my wife and it is doing the same thing. Reboot fixes it.

I think I may exchange this one.

Last edited:

jtb79

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Anybody on AT&T having this issue? I'm leaning toward the 830 over the iPhone 6, but this problem might just be a deal breaker...

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Have an 830 on Telus and so far other than one random reboot on first day all has been fairly stable, not one WiFi issue to date (knock on wood), going on two weeks now since purchased.

EMINENT 1

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I have this issue too. It only happens when I switch off wifi. The phone won't find any wifi networks no matter what, even with toggling on/off.

The only way to get it to find any networks again is a soft reset or off/on.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello Everyone,

I have started to have the same issue. all works great, and then the phone does not see any WiFi. My wife has an 830 but has not had it happen. Both Phones are on Bell, If I reboot, all is well until it happens again...

I hav2 a 5GHz and 2.4GHz WiFi set up. doesn't matter which one I am on. when I notice that WiFi is not connected, it does not see ANY WiFi networks...

UPDATE,

It has only happened one more time. I went to airplane mode and then back, and WiFi worked...
new issue... 2 times now my Sim card was not recognized, and I had to reseat it...

I occasionally get the SIM card issue, and sometimes the phone reboots itself (not sure if it's related to the SIM card).

VineRider

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm on AT&T with the AT&T variant. No issues with WiFi or any rebooting issues.... really like the 830...came from a 920 and absolutely no regrets

LVE4GOD

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Yep, i've had an 830 on AT&T for two weeks, and started noticing apps wouldn't update maybe a week ago. I'm on the home network and everything seems fine, then i happen to notice 3-4 apps just won't update...then i notice i'm suddenly not connected to the network anymore! And to make it worse, i can't reconnect without a restart! I also have noticed away from home (several miles and several minutes), trying to connect to free wifi, my phone shows it's still connected to the home network, and i can't get it to refresh or recognize the truth of the matter. I love the phone otherwise, i'm going back to the AT&T store for an exchange if this keeps up.

dacarter77

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I had this issue for the first time a few days ago. I had unjoined my home wifi network to connect to a camera, then it wouldn't find it when searching for me to reconnect. After rebooting the phone, it worked. Going to airplane mode probably would have worked as well.

Alan Sylvain

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
My 830 works great. The only time I have an issue with WiFi is after fight mode which I use at night on wireless charging. The WiFi takes ages to connect, if at all. All I have to do is pull down the notification center and tap WiFi. It seems to wake the phone up to the fact that WiFi is available and it connects straight away.

tersagun

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
Guys, I have created another radio problem thread without any other people experiencing the same problem but it might have the same root cause.

My problem is with the GSM/3G radio; it randomly gets dropped and then automatically reconnects in about 2 minutes. During the problem signalling "seems" fine with H+ showing up but even checking via GSM operator, the station loses connecting with the phone. I do not use Wi-Fi so maybe I have the same problem with Wi-Fi but is it possible that these phones have kaputt antennas?

I'm using the International GSM version BTW.

Edit:

This is a post I've made on Nokia forums. There are many people experiencing the problem on 730 as well.
So I kindly ask anyone to run this test; maybe you also have the same problem without noticing it. any feedback would be golden to spot if there is a general issue on these series.
(Doing the test both on cellular and wi-fi, seperataly one-by-one might be a even better).

Hey guys,

I'm a new L830 owner but having the exact same problem. Considering L730 and L830 probably have the same radios/antennas, I'm convinced that these phones are either hardware or software faulty production.

This cannot be a coincidence that quite a big percentage (considering L730/L830 user base) are experiencing such a unique problem.

I've done quite detailed tests and covered all my bases.

1) It's not SIM-based
2) It's not firmware based

My testing method is the following and I truly recommend anyone to do it, you can spot the problem right away whenever it occurs. (it works only if you have 3G/2G running).

- Just turn on your cellular data, 3G preferably.
- Turn off screen getting off to keep the Explorer running all the time
- Open this link on your Explorer and make sure Auto Update checkbox is checked (you can see the Settings menu on top right corner)
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/map/

This way, it automatically refreshes the page in about every 2 minutes and whenever internet connection drops, a huge pop-up shows up. Keep your phone around your eye and you'll immediately notice if that happens. This is the moment when the connection goes off:
You cannot send SMS, cannot receive calls etc. In gets fixed in about 1 minute afterwards.

Last edited:

lesd777

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Those of you who have had this issue, any luck on a fix? I'm to the point of restoring my phone to factory and manually installing a few apps just to see if the issue goes away. Rebooting multiple times daily is really a nuisance

Bai

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
This is not isolated to 830 as I have two 830 and a BLU HD both have wifi issue, I am sure it is a WP 8.1 issue.
Solutions? if you notice lose connection or even data issue, go "air plane mode" for 10s then turn it off. that should fix it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes