Need help should I stay or should I go

NeoMatrix12171

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I bought the 830 on Saturday and it's beautiful I was using the 635 as a stop gap till the HTC came out but really like the 830 UNTIL I found there will be NO Hey Cortana and since I'm on the next program with ATT should I return it pay the re-stocking fee and buy a 930 from ebay unlocked or hope that they do push Hey Cortana to the 830 and keep it.

Thanks

Panathas

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
For me, the 930 is the best WP at the moment. I would switch, but not for hey Cortana. If it's so important to you, switch. But perhaps you will miss glance screen then.

Tellus82

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
A few thoughts i had was that
1: Hey Cortana will give false positives
2: It will draw more power (930 really don't need less power...)
3: There is no assurance that HTC will offer it on the M8 so it's 930 or 1520 then, or wait.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
MS can't "push" hey cortana to the 830, even if they wanted to. I explained why here:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...5-what-exactly-sensorcore-answers-inside.html

Both devices have their own set of drawbacks and advantages. If you play games with a lot of 3D graphics, go for the 930. I don't play games on mobile devices, but I did take a look and found the 830's GPU to be underpowered for such tasks (asphalt 8 is one example). For me, the biggest advantage the 930 has over the 830 is the AMOLED screen. Many will disagree with me, but I personally much prefer the blacks and contrast on AMOLED displays over the 830's LCD. Hey Cortana is nice, but consider how often you'll be using it. For me that might amount to pressing the search key once less often per month... at most. No big deal for me.

On the other hand, the 830 is not slower in everyday use, but it is lighter, thinner, and has better battery life, it never gets really hot, and supports glance. Overall, for me, that makes the 830 the better device. YMMV.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon