I found a CRITICAL Bug that im sure no one knows about.

ebk333

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
Hi

I believe I found a critical bug that microsoft, and most users are unaware of.

Please tell me if you have a Lumia 830, as you can see this bug easily on it. But im 102% sure it applies to all models.

Ok. Turn off the phone by long pressing the power button.

When the lock screen appears, swipe down to power down the phone.

The phone should be powered off. Right?

Ok. Now press the left arrow or back key, or the middle button or the search button. What happens? The keys vibrate. Whilst the phone is powered off.

With other models, these keys are integrated into the operating system. Ie they appear only when the device is turned on. But that means that if they are all running the same build it would imply that this bug wastes battery power even when turned off.

Does this happen on the 8.1.2?

Can someone test this for me? Thanks

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Pretty sure those buttons will still vibrate in that lag time between swiping down on the screen, it turning off and until the phone fully shuts off a few moments later.

I had an 830 with both ATT and unlocked guts and it never did that thing outside of what I mentioned.

Are we talking about Windows 10 Preview?

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yes, this happens while the phone is shutting down and is by design. It's basically telling you that you can't use the buttons to cancel the shutdown sequence. You've probably noticed that after a few seconds, the buzzing stops and the lights go out. As this point the phone is in a powered down state.

ebk333

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
Hello guys

Yep we are talking about build 581.

That probably explains it then.

Honestly , the buttons were still vibrating a good 10 mins after turning off.

I just tried it again and now it works fine. In fact now, the buttons dont vibrate at all during the power down cycle.

Hmmmmm!!! Very fishy.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
There has been a time or two with my 640 when on an Insider build that it would take a full 10 minutes to power down. Not sure why, but it has happened. I would not have noticed except the slight glow of the screen in a dark room. Latest build it turns off rather quickly, though.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
They should add the spinning dots animation to the boot and shutdown, so you have some indicator of activity. There is sometimes a substantial delay between when the screen goes black and actually powering off.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon