03-26-2012 01:45 AM
29 12
tools
    I've seen videos that show the buttons on the bottom light up but I'm positive that the one I held at the AT&T store did not.
    Camera should be good, improved from 800 but I'm guess slightly behind Focus S.
    I'm not sure about the screen slowness either, just felt the glass was thicker, probably not a problem at all. User error;)
    03-25-2012 03:35 PM
    My 900's buttons light up and screen is pretty fast. Did you check what OS build/hardware revision that device was?

Camera is debatable, I think it is one of the best in WP7 world.
    03-25-2012 03:45 PM
    Well he told me that he had yet to put in the SIM card, would that change anything? It seemed fluid, just slow, but again it was probably my fault.
    Yeah I only got to take a few pictures and it's hard to tell until you put them on a bigger screen. Changed my review of the camera based on pictures taken by someone who has had more time with the device and was able to upload the pictures

Did not check the hardware revisions. It seemed he had yet to use the device. His fellow employee [he said] was using it as his personal use phone.
    Last edited by RiseAgainst94; 03-25-2012 at 03:55 PM.
    03-25-2012 03:50 PM
    So a quick comparison between the two phones I'm considering. [Focus S vs Lumia 900]

With my very limited time with both devices (and what I've read):
    Focus S [+]
    Weight
    Camera
    Screen
    Size
    Removable Battery
    Fluidity
    Capacitive Buttons

[-]
    No LTE
    Build Quality
    Lack of Support
    Weak (compared to 900) exclusive apps
    Poor Audio Quality

Lumia 900 [+]
    Screen quality
    Apps
    Design
    Durability
    LTE
    [-]
    Weight
    No light up buttons?
    Size
    Screen slowness (??????)
    Not as good Camera
    No removable battery
    No headphones included (bummer but not a big deal)
    Except for the weak audio, I think your "+, -" list about right on the Focus S. I am really pleased with the audio on mine, although I do think the speaker is a little weak.

I appreciate you sharing what you know on the 900. Your first impressions are a great sign for it's launch.
    03-26-2012 01:45 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD