03-26-2012 01:45 AM
29 12
tools
    Who's getting one and what color are you getting?

http://www.windowscentral.com/att-no...style_mobile=0

I might take the day off so I can stand in line at the store to make sure I get one. I want a cyan color 900.
    03-22-2012 07:15 PM
    I live in Kansas so no worries about being low on supply ;].
    I'm getting a Lumia 900 on release day (9th) at BestBuy for 50$, I think I will get the black one. I love how the dark screen blends in with the physical device.
    03-22-2012 07:18 PM
    I'll admit that is one sharp feature about the black one, RA94 - but I gotta have the cyan one myself. it needs to pop and look different :
    snowmutt likes this.
    03-22-2012 08:41 PM
    Preordered mine from Microsoft so no line waiting for me.
    snowmutt likes this.
    03-22-2012 08:44 PM
    And that is a very valid point as well. I'd go with the white one but it's not matte! AH the advantages and disadvantages of each color!
    03-22-2012 08:44 PM
    Forgot to say I'm getting cyan, want it to stand out so I can tell people about windows phone.
    03-22-2012 09:23 PM
    I know I'm definitely getting one. Can't wait to switch from Sprint and feel that 4G/LTE speed :D but I still haven't decided on a color. I like the idea of the screen blending with the polycarbonate unibody but I also like the idea of being different with the cyan. The only thing about cyan is how will the tile colors "mesh" with the body color? Decisions decisions decisions...but I will say, if the white one was available at launch, there would be no question. But there's no way in **** I'm waiting another month..or two...or three for the white to come out.
    Neibl likes this.
    03-22-2012 09:26 PM
    Totally going cyan. That color is like a bug zapper, just draws me too it. I cannot resist...:D
    Neibl and snowmutt like this.
    03-22-2012 09:33 PM
    I do like the sleekness of the black, but definitely going cyan as well. In my circle of family and friends, I will be the only one with a WP and out of the iFamily, so it'll stand out. April 9 can't get here fast enough.
    snowmutt likes this.
    03-22-2012 09:39 PM
    I know I'm definitely getting one. Can't wait to switch from Sprint and feel that 4G/LTE speed :D but I still haven't decided on a color. I like the idea of the screen blending with the polycarbonate unibody but I also like the idea of being different with the cyan. The only thing about cyan is how will the tile colors "mesh" with the body color? Decisions decisions decisions...but I will say, if the white one was available at launch, there would be no question. But there's no way in **** I'm waiting another month..or two...or three for the white to come out.
    I know the red 800 that I played around with looks really nice with the black on red, so im guessing the blue 900 would be the same.

my picture
    03-22-2012 09:41 PM
    03-22-2012 09:50 PM
    This is very nice, but why does it still say COMING SOON!?! AH lol. Can't wait though.
    03-22-2012 09:54 PM
    I'm so excited to hold this in person... Been waiting so long.
    snowmutt likes this.
    03-22-2012 10:46 PM
    Originally thought the black was the only way to go... But we Windows Phone users thrive on being unique, so cyan it is!
    03-23-2012 11:10 AM
    I pre-ordered two cyan and three black, when I hold them in my hands it'll be an easier decision. Does anyone know if the pre-orders are available on the same day as launch or earlier? I keep expecting an email or something with instructions.
    03-23-2012 11:25 AM
    Chat from MS Store:

You: Yes.. do you have a preorder page for the lumia 900 ?

Phil: I'd be happy to help you with that today!

Phil: Unfortunately, we do not have a preorder page for the Lumia 900.

You: bummer.

Phil: I apologize for that.

You: I dont have a store near me... I assume the MS stores will have them at the same time AT&T gets them ?

Phil: Yes, that is a safe assumption.

You: Cool.. will wait and watch then...
    03-23-2012 11:32 AM
    03-23-2012 12:12 PM
    There is an AT&T store in my office building. I just took a little trip there and the sales guy I spoke with pulled out his phone and handed it to me. He had the black one and said the blue was a cobalt type of blue. The phone felt pretty solid. I was expecting the cheapish feel of a Samsung phone but it feels nicely made. No official word when it will be released but I am now looking forward to this.
    03-23-2012 12:14 PM
    I have pre-ordered my black one. but just in case I change my mind, i hope I should be able to change mine to Cyan - I hope.
    It looks like most of the people are leaning towards cyan. So among Lumia owners, I guess I will be unique? lol.
    Two reasons why i would still choose black -
    1) black is more professional (I'm a business consultant. so cyan might look "baby blue" in my hand in business meetings
    2) Over a period of time, I'm afraid bl;ue might look dirty with constant holding because of dirt, sweat from palm etc. So I can't imagine how it would look say after 8-9 months or a year.

Edit: the second point wouldn't be much of a concern had the lumia sported metal body. Since its polycorbonate with matte finish, it might have the rubbery effect to its body. Am I being too picky here? or is it a valid concern?
    03-23-2012 01:34 PM
    I pre-ordered two cyan and three black, when I hold them in my hands it'll be an easier decision. Does anyone know if the pre-orders are available on the same day as launch or earlier? I keep expecting an email or something with instructions.
    Yeah it's been a little disappointing to not get *any* communication from the Microsoft Stores - but then we haven't heard anything from anyone really so it isn't a surprise.
    03-23-2012 03:19 PM
    I walked in our AT&T store today while dropping off my daughter to watch the Hunger Games with friends.

I asked him about the 900. He said that they didn't have any in yet, since it hasn't been released, but they were having training on Monday. He also mentioned that AT&T releases phones on Sundays and expects it to be for purchase on that very Sunday (9th).

As I left the store he mentioned that it's a pretty cool phone and I expressed my interest as well.

I'm on Verizon with an HTC Trophy, but this phone just may very well make me switch!!:D
    snowmutt likes this.
    03-25-2012 01:02 AM
    This may be the most important launch for a WP device since Windows Mobile was shown the door. Nokia needs this to be big to get their marketshare jumping in the US and to show why they believe in WP, Microsoft needs it to be big to have a Galaxy Series-like flagship and to put pressure on Verizon and Sprint to get onboard, AT&T needs it to be big to have a device to sell that is completely different from Verizon and makes them look smart for being the premier WP carrier, and we need it to be big to get other manufacturers and carriers to get excited about WP so we have choices.

No pressure Nokia. But the Earth may stop rotating and we all may die horrid deaths as we float out to the cold, harsh vacuum of space if the 900 flops. No pressure at all.
    RiseAgainst94 likes this.
    03-25-2012 02:23 AM
    My Turn!
    I walked in to my local AT&T store and was greeted by a very nice man. I immediately asked him, "I was wondering when the Nokia Lumia 900 coming out?" He said he wasn't sure and went to his computer to look it up. It was taking him a while to sign in to the computer so he told me to hold on a second. He went in to the back and pulled out his black Nokia Lumia 900 and gave it to me. He told me to mess around with it while he figured out when the release date was.
    My impression of the 900:
    Very solid build if not a little too heavy.
    Black colour is very nice
    AMOLED with clear black produces incredibly deep and rich colours. It is not as bright or vivid as the Super AMOLED plus display but much richer in colour.
    Clear Black is incredibly black. i was really amazed
    The device is large but not overwhelmingly so. It feel nice in the hand (a little heavy) and would fit in someones pocket.
    The top and bottom are both tapered with great effect.
    The back camera produces solid pictures with good colour representation
    The back of the device is a fingerprint magnet
    The screen is not as easy to swipe (it seemed) as the Focus S. Almost as if the screen swiping was heavier and slower.
    The capacitive buttons did NOT light up :happy: (because demo version?)
    The design itself is very industrial and well thought out. The unibody is unique and open ports are helpful.
    The physical buttons responded well (Dedicated camera was ok.)
    The HSPA+ speeds were nice (10 miles away from LTE )
    Some of the things I wasn't able to do:
    Check out Nokia Apps
    Look at Front-Facing camera
    Check battery life
    See any major changes in OS
    Do a pocket test (thought it'd be weird)

When the employee got his computer running he told me that the notice said "If a costumer inquires on release date tell them to check back in on Monday March 26."
    So, there you have it. If you have any questions, comments, concerns you can try to ask me and I'll see what I can do
    Last edited by RiseAgainst94; 03-25-2012 at 03:54 PM.
    snowmutt likes this.
    03-25-2012 01:07 PM
    So a quick comparison between the two phones I'm considering. [Focus S vs Lumia 900]

With my very limited time with both devices (and what I've read):
    Focus S [+]
    Weight
    Camera
    Screen
    Size
    Removable Battery
    Fluidity
    Capacitive Buttons

[-]
    No LTE
    Build Quality
    Lack of Support
    Weak (compared to 900) exclusive apps
    Poor Audio Quality

Lumia 900 [+]
    Screen quality
    Apps
    Design
    Durability
    LTE
    [-]
    Weight
    No light up buttons?
    Size
    Screen slowness (??????)
    Not as good Camera
    No removable battery
    No headphones included (bummer but not a big deal)
    Last edited by RiseAgainst94; 03-25-2012 at 01:19 PM.
    03-25-2012 01:14 PM
    I'm 99% sure the buttons light up thinking it does on Lumia 800. Maybe somebody who has tested 900 can confirm?

For camera i can't say anything before reviews start popping up. Examples do look nice.
    http://www.windowscentral.com/att-no...camera-samples
    Same goes for screen slowness. Had zero problems on my 800 that got the curved glass.
    03-25-2012 03:25 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD