Windows Phone 8?

trumpet116

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Microsoft NEEDS to declare, right now, who will get WP8 and who will not. I have a first generation LG Quantum, which I love and am really happy with, but I really want the Lumia 900. If I get the 900, and it is stuck with Mango forever instead of Apollo, then I know I'll regret the purchase and wish I'd waited. However, as of right now, the phone is everything I want and more. If I lay out a list of pro and cons, they're pretty much even, and Apollo upgrade or not would be the one factor that sways it in either direction. I really, really want this phone, but my logical side can't justify a purchase that's A) not really much of an upgrade over my current Quantum and already a little bit outdated, and B) may be stuck on the same software for 2 long, long years. At the same time, every time I see a picture of the 900 at the top of an article or etc, I'm so tempted. What should I do?

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Agree. I'm sure example Titan 2 and Lumia 900 would sell a lot more if WP8 was confirmed for update.
Though it's likely that at least both of those flagships will receive the update, but wont get all the features, similar to iPhone. And just like with Apple we will probably need to wait till WP8 announcement for full update info.

Last edited:

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Life is too short to wait. 0% chance that the Lumia 900 and Titan II, or any WP for that matter, will not be updated. But even if it were not true, what would you be losing; dual core processor (the current Gen is plenty fast), more pixels (to burn battery faster and eat up data-is, "new" iPad).

Just enjoy what you can now and don't worry about about what you cannot control. Pocking up my 900 on Friday.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Gaiking

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I love WP 7 and I can't wait to get to using it full time. I have used iPhone, Android, BlackBerry and WebOS....I like Wp7 now the most...the unified look no matter the app is what like and since I tend to update my phones even if I pay full price..not getting WP8 on the 900 won't make a a difference...there will always be newer and and better phones around the corner but the 900 seems too good to pass up.

Sent from my T8788 using Board Express

kevinrstruck

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I hope this phone gets upgraded as well to 8. This is the Flagship AT&T Windows mobile phone. I would have to think that an upgrade to 8 is already planned...At least I hope.

trumpet116

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys. I played with one in the store today and it was the most gorgeous electronic I've ever seen. I think I'll make the jump. If it doesn't get 8, I'll just lock the screen and look at the hardware and have no regrets.

thebizz

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
Take this with a huge grain of salt but the chances of this not getting Apollo or a watered down version is say 5% that's me guessing. But their is a reason I say this plenty of people are tired of the Android release it and forget it moto and some may be tired of the Apple limit the software to push new hardware. Microsoft needs to show that they won't fall into one of these two categories this is a marathon and one way to win customers over is to show that you support the phones released with the windows phone and you are their for the customers over the two year stint they may have their phone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2