Since a lot of us got our phones, what don't you like?

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
Also, my GPS seems slightly less sensitive than my Venue Pro. When I'm indoors at work, I'd still get a perfect GPS signal on the DVP, but it doesn't seem to be working on the 900. Not a big deal, since like I said I am inside, but there's a difference.

I get drastically better cell and Wifi reception though.

JPDVM2014

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I know this may be a stupid question, but for the people with the hissing noise, are you sure the headphones are plugged in all the way? I did notice that on my 900 I have to push fairly hard to get the headphones all the way in. If I don't, there is a slight squealing noise that comes through, and it randomly pops up the voice command prompt.

Demonic858

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
The back button is not as responsive as my Focus. I find myself keep having to press the back button multiple times to get a response. I know this is probably just a case of getting use to the phone to find that sweetspot but I'm so used to the Focus being so responsive that there were a couple of times I wasn't sure if my phone was hanging or I wasn't hitting the back button right. Minor gripe but still a gripe. :(

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
I know this may be a stupid question, but for the people with the hissing noise, are you sure the headphones are plugged in all the way? I did notice that on my 900 I have to push fairly hard to get the headphones all the way in. If I don't, there is a slight squealing noise that comes through, and it randomly pops up the voice command prompt.

Mine are in all the way. It's just the same kind of noise that a lot of players make, depending on the DAC they use. It's really not a problem unless you're a complete audiophile, which I'm not (I notice it, but can tolerate it). In fact, I'm not even sure if it's noticeable on low end headphones.

Tyresian

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Mine are in all the way. It's just the same kind of noise that a lot of players make, depending on the DAC they use. It's really not a problem unless you're a complete audiophile, which I'm not (I notice it, but can tolerate it). In fact, I'm not even sure if it's noticeable on low end headphones.

That is the thing, I have pretty nice earbuds, nothing top end, but definitely not the cheapest.

2 pairs of my earbuds have the hissing, the better pair more so.

I have a cheap set of Philips over the ear headphones, no hissing at all on them.

I did have the earbud hissing back on my Droid Incredible, but on my Lumia 900 it is much louder. I did some research today because it was unacceptable for me. This is a common problem among many android phones, as well as iPods and Macbooks.

The problem seems to be more of the Amplifier for the headphone jack than the actual DAC. Note that my Acura TL's ELS system sounds great playing Pandora through MetroRadio on Bluetooth, I'm really impressed compared to my previous phones, I'm also positive that AT&T's 3G/4G help this.

So the fix... Get a headphone amplifier (not really feasible to carry around) or get a headphone attenuator. There are a lot of variables going on here... Mainly from what I understand it is sensitivity of the headphones and impedance. Something to do this is one of the plugs that allows you to adjust the volume of the output sound.

There are a few pricier ones and all of them seem to break, the one I picked up is from Radio Shack: Gold-Plated Volume Control Cable for Stereo Headphones : Headphones | RadioShack.com

This seemed like magic. My earbuds sound so much clearer, perhaps just because the hiss was so terrible.

Here is one of the forum thread I read: SR MBP Static Issue: The Problem, Some Facts, and a $14 Fix - MacRumors Forums

acshaw80

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
also I think the touch buttons should be brighter and should stay lit...particularly in the dark. I find myself guessing where the buttons are late at night. Other than that I'm slowly getting used to the windows phone / lumia.

acshaw80

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
finally (sorry for multiposts and this is more of a wp7 issue anyway)...cant view password protected documents in office. I have to save an unlocked copy of one of my excel files to skydrive in order to open which I shouldn't have to do. Bummer

grameer_poleece

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
Tried multiple files from different sources and the hiss was consistent. It can be covered with more volume but I shouldn't have to do that. I'll try testing it with some cheaper headphones I have around to see if that solves it. I normally use Monster Jams or Bose in-ear headphones.

On a more positive note I've been getting 20+ hours on a charge!

nokiaqueen

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
1. Smudges

2. Needs some good free drug apps (micromedex)

3. Upon displaying 6 previous opened apps, wish there was a way to Close them instead of having to open them and go back back back back back :straight:

4. Camera isn't that great, pics are very saturated, however when you autofix the pics they do look a lot better.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wizzard