Launch NYC

bevt

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
Did anyone see the launch event in Times Square tonight? I was hoping for something as great as the 800 launch in London - 4D, Deadmau5. All I'm seeing is there was a concert with Nicki Minaj. Is that all?

Shark87

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, just Nicki Minaj. I went and it wasn't all that long. Honestly I'm not a big fan of her's, but it was alright. Since she seems to be popular I'm pretty sure its a good thing that WP/Nokia got her on board. As for my preference I was hoping for the same (Deadmaus) or even Kendrick Lamar, who appeared in a WP ad a few months ago.

diegosalinas

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Did anyone see the launch event in Times Square tonight? I was hoping for something as great as the 800 launch in London - 4D, Deadmau5. All I'm seeing is there was a concert with Nicki Minaj. Is that all?

Concert would be overexagerration. My friend was there and she did a few songs and it was over before you knew it.

He actually had no idea it was to launch the Lumia 900. He just thought Nokia was the sponsor like any random event in NYC. LOL

Absolutely nothing awesome like the Deadmau5 Nokia event.

bevt

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
I've been pretty impressed with the marketing world wide but the stuff they're doing in the US is pretty lame. AT&T said this would be the biggest launch ever for them. I sure hope something happens next week. It's too bad Nokia didn't think the Lumia 900 launch was worth a spectacular event like they've done elsewhere.

Shark87

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
The one thing that did bother me was that the Nokia Lumia 900 wasn't as up front and center as I thought it would be. Before the concert started there was an ad like the whole "Smartphone Beta Test". The Lumia 900 was mentioned at the end of the piece, but I just don't think it was highlighted enough during the ad.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes