Lumia 900 Speaker Issue

mlads

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Purchased a Lumia900 from Rogers the other day and i'm not sure if its software related or hardware.

The speaker (on 30/30) sometimes works and sometimes does not. When typing a message maybe only 50% of the keys will click and the rest will be silent - this only happens sometimes. The only way to get the sound working consistently again is to hit the same letter 10 times in a row.

The speaker (on 30/30) made no noise when the Alarm went off, I just watched it sit there and vibrate.

Off topic: Are anyone else capacitive buttons yellowish, and has anyone else been getting the multi-taking screen pop up even when you've only hit the back button once with no hold and press on the button?

Thanks so much.

Akhtar Hossain

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
I bought Lumia 900 yesterday. I am having serious audio issues.

1. 99% of the time on 30/30 phone does not ring.
2. Alarm does not sound
3. Playing music - the sound is broken or completely silent

leosoybean

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
While my buttons aren't white per se, they aren't yellowish. My back button works fine but it seems a few people have been having issues where the multi-tasker pops up with holds.

As for your audio, I have no idea. Good luck.

sting7k

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
My buttons are not really yellowish; I'd say they are off-white.

As for your audio issues. I don't know why the phone would not ring. Are you sure the ringer is turned on and it's not just on vibrate?

perseus31

May 8, 2012
Visit site
i am facing intermittent audio problem as well

This thing is rare but it happens. Suddenly while playing a game either audio volume will become real low or die out. Yesterday my alarm didn't go off. I checked it and it only vibrated ,on moving a little it started ringing:( . It seems like loose wire problem. Missed a meeting yesterday. Really scared of sleeping right now :'(

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I had something like that happen with one of the L900's I ordered. Turns out to have been a hardware problem best I could tell. I didn't notice it until after I installed iHeart radio on it. It would play for about 20 seconds of music, then nothing. No sound at all.

Even the ringer quit. I could get it to recover by uninstalling iHeart radio, pulling the sim card and rebooting. But after reinstalling iHeart again, the cycle began again. AmazonWireless was good enough to replace it for me. Its all good again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes