Eh Battery Life

How is your battery life with medium usage?

• Total voters

MrTimSmith

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
that's about right. ...I really don't know why the battery info is telling you that. Did you try leaving it alone for about a half hour? Perhaps the OS just calculates an average battery time on how much you use the phone then when you dont bother with it, it will re-calculate, giving you back that time of 1 day+ battery life.

Problem is last night, it left my charger some time after 11:00pm. When I woke up at 9:00am the battery was dead. (it also locked up for around ten minutes and shut itself down around midnight) Things like that didn't happen before the update. So I think/hope that was it. I haven't installed any apps or changed anything with the settings. Only thing that has changed is the update.

MrTimSmith

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
Reverted my phone, rebooted a few times. Battery still says same amount of time remaining so that didn't fix my problem. Reapplying the update and I might do a hard reset after that. So weird for this battery/freezing issue to just appear. I wonder if I'm going to end up having to get this replaced. :(

MrTimSmith

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
Okay, did a hard reset and wiped my phone. Didn't expect it to accomplish much but I figured if I have to replace the phone I'll be starting over again anyway. Well, as of right now. That appears to have fixed the problem. Not sure why but I'm not complaining. Hopefully it sticks. :blush:

2567luw.jpg

Ryan32

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I may not use my phone as much as some... But i'm doing weather lookups, light browsing, 5 e-mail accounts syncing etc... All of that and I can make it a full day with 50% battery life left.

I don't have LTE service where I live, so not sure if that matters.

smechman

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
Two days ago I charged it completely and left it unplugged overnight with no use whatsoever - BT off, all location stuff off, etc. It was at 18% the next morning. So far I can't tell how the update did as I just did it this morning. But I can confirm that diagnostics states that I'm only discharging about 90-100mA. It seems like the update fixed my battery issues.

The update seems to have fixed the battery issues for me. The first time off the charger with the new update went 18 hours with mixed usage. I'm happy with that.

CDG

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
20 hours off the charger playing with it a lot, still has 25% left and says 4 hours to go (don't know about that).

I am happy, specially coming from Androids.

AllPhoneNews

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
So my battery has improved. I took it off the charger 6 hours ago and at 66% on medium use. I know this still isn't great, but much improved. I might do a complete reset again to see if it helps like it did for MrTimSmith

AllPhoneNews

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Okay, did a hard reset and wiped my phone. Didn't expect it to accomplish much but I figured if I have to replace the phone I'll be starting over again anyway. Well, as of right now. That appears to have fixed the problem. Not sure why but I'm not complaining. Hopefully it sticks. :blush:

Click to view quoted image

Just because it says you have longer battery doesn't mean it won't drain fast. Let me know if it really did help. I factory reset my phone twice before the update and don't really want to for the 3rd time unless it really does help.

milk242

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't know what's normal for WP7 so I'm comparing it to my iPhone 4.

I have a AT&T Microcell and I've been home all day so whenever I surf the web, I use wifi.

I tested the percentage drop today after charging it to 100% and unplugging it last night. It dropped to 90% after being off the charger for 7 1/2 hours. My iPhone drops to 96% after the same amount of time.

After the overnight test, I charged it again to 96% and have been surfing the web off and on (about 5-8mins for each session at a frequency of 4 internet sessions an hour). I have done this for about 2 hours and my battery life is now at 85%.

I'm use to a pretty good battery life of the iPhone and I can live with the fact that other OS's can't achieve the iPhone battery life due to live tiles/widgets but I'd like to know if this is normal for WP7 and the Lumia 900?

MrTimSmith

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
Just because it says you have longer battery doesn't mean it won't drain fast. Let me know if it really did help. I factory reset my phone twice before the update and don't really want to for the 3rd time unless it really does help.

I took it off the charger at 9:00am (it's 8:12pm right now as I'm typing this) and with heavy usage, it's at 52% battery now. Saturday morning it was dead after much less time. So I think it's resolved.

Gaiking

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm thrilled with my battery life on the Lumia 900 now. Unplugged at 8:00am ...It's now 11:15pm and I'm at 30% with moderate to heavy use all day. No data or battery issues at all now. I guess the update is a winner for me.

Update: going to bed finally and checked the Lumia 900 battery level...going on 18 hours... 20% left.

Last edited:

NicholasCL

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Before the update I almost returned my phone because on 3 separate occasions after charging my phone all day while I slept the battery would drain itself down to around 40-45% within one hour of taking it off the charger. That was with the phone locked almost the entire time, once I even had it in battery saver mode. I did a factory reset before doing the update and haven't had the issue since. Tonight after 8 hours at work I listened to around 2 hours of mp3 watched an episode of King of the Hill on Netflix at lunch sent about a dozen texts and probably a couple hours web browsing I still have 36% charge. I'm impressed. I used to have to plug in my iPhone 3g about 4-5 hours into the day.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site

Click to view quoted image

The remaining time is an estimate based an algorithm designed to figure out your typical usage. A more telling sign would be that you took it off the charger "less than an hour" ago and have dropped 5% already. And since 100/5=20, if your usage stays constant, your phone will last "less than" 20 hours at that rate.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
The remaining time is an estimate based an algorithm designed to figure out your typical usage. A more telling sign would be that you took it off the charger "less than an hour" ago and have dropped 5% already. And since 100/5=20, if your usage stays constant, your phone will last "less than" 20 hours at that rate.
Well, yes and no. On my Surround, battery would drop from 100 to 85% without doing much of anything. But the next 15% drop would take 2 to 3 times longer to drop down. So the numbers themselves are not all that important. It is more in understanding differences. Like drop over 6 hours with WiFi on/off. Always need to star at the same point though.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
The remaining time left is a guestimation based upon your previous usage. The best way for that to be accurate is to just use your phone normally for several days. Just because it says only three hours left doesn't mean you have that exact time. You have more or less base on what you're doing.

CheesyJif

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
took my phone off the charger at 1030 am only put it on at 9 am after the gym, full service 4G and wifi screen on auto, been texting all day with 4 different people, showed my phone off with all functions for a good half hour, used my board express app, wpcentral app, facebook, twitter and email at least 50 times. It is now 744pm battery is at 70% 22 hours remaining time since last charge 8.5 hours.
Excellent battery life
how in holy **** are you getting such amazing battery life?

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Getting pretty good battery life today. Took it off the charger at 9:15am, and 10.5 hours later I'm at 65% left. Granted, my usage was fairly light, but did include some light browsing, some WhatsApp, a little Twitter, and 1 or 2 phone calls. The phone is on wifi all day with 2 email accounts syncing every 15 minutes and only AccuWeather, WhatsApp, and Tango running in the background.

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I get well over a day with moderate use typically (7am to midnight and still juice left), and have gone well over 36hrs before (with less use obviously). 5 email accounts syncing, business & personal use, browsing, searching, dialing, calling ect. Don't play many games but would still be able to last a full day with moderate wordament ect.

Overall been impressed with the battery life. I wasn't expecting much.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes