Gophone vs straighttalk

azedi

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I have finally decided to buy the phone off contract from amazon and debating which plan to get.
1. Gophone- unlimited text,250 minutes, and 500 mb- $50
2. Straighttalk- $45

I am really concerned about the speeds on both carriers. Which speed is faster.

Hopefully tmobile would support AT&T frequencies in the near future because their $30 unlimited text and data is perfect for me.

Thanks!

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Straight Talk IS ATT....it sits on the same network. I get the faux-G speeds of ATT just like I would if I paid those shysters $90 a month. You wll not be able to get MMSs on ST though until Nokia brings the connection setup app back to marketplace.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
The only reason you should be considering GoPhone is the fact that you'll be able to receive MMS messages. Other than that, you have infinitely better options. StraightTalk, Jolt, Red Pocket, and others will give you unlimited talk, text, and at least 2GB of data/month at 4G (HSPA+ though, not LTE) speeds.

Again, the only drawback is that since Nokia withdrew its Network Setup app from the marketplace, you will not be able to send/receive MMS messages with services other than AT&T itself.

ItsDon

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
You also won't get the $100 rebate from Nokia. You only get that as an account credit on your AT&T bill. Something to consider.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes