04-29-2012 04:17 PM
61 123
tools
    I love this damn is. First win phone but it's still great. Coming from an iPhone I am over impressed with how easy it is to do everything. Once you have the main contacts pinned its a snap
    04-22-2012 03:14 PM
    I love this phone. First phone since the iPhone that I have not thought about returning within the 30 day return window. First experience with Windows Phone 7 and the Metro UI is so beautiful, I'm adding WP7 as one of my development platforms. Programming for WP7 is also not so nightmarish as android is and a little better than iOS because C# syntax is close to Java (easiest syntax to ever pick up).
    04-22-2012 04:58 PM
    Some people just have some serious emotional issues. The phone is beautiful. Perfect? not really but awesome.
    04-22-2012 05:06 PM
    Love It. Love having to not disable the WIFI, disable the Bluetooth, disable the Locative Awareness.. disable the yada-yada like on the ISh&tPhone just to save battery life.

I just dont know about people buy ****ty Apple 5-year old technology.
    04-22-2012 09:15 PM
    Me.

I haven't had a single problem. I didn't even have the data connection issue before the update, but I ran the update anyway.

My phone has been perfect.
    Same here.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    04-23-2012 12:42 AM
    Had the data issue once but the update fixed it. Phone camera working like a phone camera should and everything else is working absolutely 100% perfect. Without a doubt this is the best phone I have had in a while. I never thought I could like a Nokia device this much.
    04-23-2012 12:57 AM
    I didn't think Nokia would let me down. I used Nokia (Symbian) over 4 years ago. I was always impressed with Nokia's hardware.

04-23-2012 01:15 AM
    I really like mine. I changed it out yesterday due to the clicking sound on the top corner, now the new one has the purplish tinge on light.

I still love it and more everyday as i find new things about it.
    I had the same thing happen. I switched mine out as well :) Glad to know I wasnt the only one :)
    04-23-2012 01:21 AM
    I'm enjoying my phone overall. I love how it looks and feels in my hand, even though I put it in a case i have to take it out now and then just to admire it. I haven't had many negative issues with the phone itself, more with learning wp7. I have notice I'm not using it as much now as i was the first couple of weeks i had it but that's to be expected.

I did have thoughts about returning it because we're coming up on the end of the 30 day return period but there just isn't another handset out there that I have to have. I thought about the HTC One X but Android just isn't for me. The camera on the One X may be nice but every time I see that phone it just looks like great big nipple.

Samsung has some good ideas but their phones feel cheap and plasticy and they are horribly slow with updates and fixes. I'm still waiting for ICS on my galaxy tab. I'm not really a fanboy of any one company so I'll try whatever works.

I think the only thing that could get me away from Nokia would be an IPhone with a 4.3" or 4.5" display and maybe not even then. I'm glad I went with the black phone but I may try and swap for a white one. The white looks sweet but I don't know about the shiny finish. I'll have to hold one to decide.
    04-23-2012 01:45 AM
    absolutely love my phone. Sure there are a few issues (rattle,clicking corner and purple keyboard) but those can be fixed by exchanging the phone. And there is no such thing as a perfect phone. Overall, mighty impressed with the hardware and software. Microsoft is not tooting their horn, WP really is impressive.
    04-23-2012 01:57 AM
    same here loving the new white lumia 900 glad i traded he black one in for it looks 50 times better lol love it peace...
    I don't know about the white looking 50 times better, the display unit I saw today which went up Saturday evening was already dirty. Didn't really like the gloss. The 1st unit I got was black and kinda had a slick finish to the casing, I took it back today and got another black one because of the screen clicking. This one had a true matte finish to it and is very solid. I'm satisfied with this phone. There seems to be two different black phones floating around because the two I had was very different as far as the finish.
    04-23-2012 02:06 AM
    I'm on Lumia 900 number 3 ... my first Lumia was rad, but it seemed to have issues connecting to 4G even after the update, so i returned it. Lumia #2 had a very purple screen on the low brightness setting, so i returned it. Lumia #3 is perfection..

Now, i was also having issues connecting with Lumia #2 .. called AT&T and they found some issue with my account and the way it was set up when i upgraded... so im pretty sure lumia #1 was A-OK ..

Either way.. i wouldn't trade my Lumia for any other phone on the market.. sure the Titan II has a kick *** camera but, its ugly next to the Lumia 900.. and honestly i think my Lumia's camera is perfect for me,

Bottom line.. I LOVE this phone, wouldn't trade it for anything. Nokia and WP = Hand set heaven for me.
    04-23-2012 05:56 PM
    My best WP experience to date (my third WP). I'm obsessed with the screen and how it feels in hand. LTE, battery life, and performance are stellar!

I only wish i got the whtie, but the black is sleek so happy
    04-23-2012 07:04 PM
    I really dig this phone. The feel in the hand is top notch. The screen pops. This is my second Cyan. My first just would not work correctly with wifi. Would stall randomly. This was after the update was applied. I took it back to the AT&T corp store, they exchanged it and this one is spot on. No problems at all. WP7 is so refreshing. I got so fed up with iOS and Android. Good OS's but just getting long in the tooth for me.
    -joe-
    04-23-2012 10:01 PM
    Except for touch sensitivity being a bit off I love my 900. Very glad I got it.
    04-23-2012 10:27 PM
    Here's my observations:

I've had the Samsung Focus since it came out, so I'm very familiar with the WP7.

I got the N900 in white today and like the phone a lot! Here are some comaparisons to the Samsung.

Pros:
    1. Sturdy feel to phone
    2. Signal strenght! (4 bars at home where Samsung and other phones just get 1 bar!) This is a +++
    3. Operator clicks, like power off/on, text clicks.. etc are more silent in the Nokia, Samsung was loud!
    4. Comapring side to side, The blue tile color is much deeper in the Nokia. (Colors have a darker Hue)
    5. the Visual VOICEMAIL!!! OMG! I can actually just listen to the voicemail I need individually. This was an option the iPhone had that was a possible switcher for me. With Samsung, after a day I had over 20 voicemail and had NO idea who left them so I had to listen to them all!!! (<-hate that) The Samsung will just tell you how many voicemail you had not who left them :(
    6. Nokia Drive looks great (havent used much) but definately a + for FREE!
    7. Dual mics (for noise cancelling)

Cons:
    1. Camera is WAY darker between Light/Dark contrasting areas than the Samsung.
    2. TANGO!!! (the Nokia version does NOT work in 3g/4g???) Had to remove Nokia's Tango and use Generic Tango? Come on, this is just wrong! Why would you make a 4G LTE phone and not be able to use TANGO through it..

I know I'm comparing an older phone to a newer phone, but they are both Gen1 phones to their makers.

My favorite 2 things are ofcourse so much better reception in areas know for bad reception and the Voicemail List. I dont know if the Visual Voicemail is a feature in other WP7 phones, but it should had been a feature in WP7 from the start.

I guess I was lucky, my phone has a great lcd color, no loose buttons or loose lcd, it just works!
    Last edited by siradude; 04-24-2012 at 02:02 AM.
    04-24-2012 12:50 AM
    I am having a blast with my new windows phone

Pros:
    LTE :
    I tend to have 2-3 bars on ATT 3G, but with LTE I have full bars everywhere I go.
    Local Scout:
    its quite handy, I found myself using it downtown where I don't venture much and found some interesting new places to eat :)
    Nokia drive:
    I used to use ios maps for getting around but always wished I had turn by turn directions, and although I ran into a few problems (wrong road, longer route) I found it easy to use, I love the speed alerts!

04-24-2012 02:33 AM
    I still can't get any data (yes, I've updated already), but I think maybe I'm not on the right data plan? I don't know. Other than that it's great.
    04-24-2012 02:41 AM
    I might need to find a blue case
    04-24-2012 03:36 AM
    aside from the poor low-light pics and the slow scrolling that was fixed with the update, all has been perfect!
    04-24-2012 09:15 AM
    I'm loving this device. I got the white one and I'm very happy with it!
    It's kind of a bummer that NO ONE I know knows anything about Windows Phone so I have no one to share this joy with haha
    In case anyone's still looking for Cyan or White, Drive on over to the corp store in Corbin KY. I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who's bought one there... I asked.. =\
    04-24-2012 09:39 AM
    I am enjoying the S*** out of my phone and also enjoying the looks I get from holding it. One thing I want to ask though.

Do most of you new WP7 users believe that WE just like it because it's newer and different than iOS and Android? Do you think your love for this OS will die down later? My wife keeps asking me that because this is how it was with a few others phones, but I insist that this time it's truly is different and that coming from this I expect other companies to "put people first" like WP7 has. I truly believe that this will be my OS of choice for years to come unless Android cleans up some fragmentation and battery issues and iOS well....stops being to iOS-ey. lol. Which is impossible, but good for them.
    04-24-2012 10:18 AM
    What negative press? So far the vast majority of the press has been positive.

It is an outstanding phone. I only wish I could have one myself instead of worshipping from afar because I am a Verizon user (and hence using a Trophy).
    04-24-2012 05:00 PM
    I am enjoying the S*** out of my phone and also enjoying the looks I get from holding it. One thing I want to ask though.

Do most of you new WP7 users believe that WE just like it because it's newer and different than iOS and Android? Do you think your love for this OS will die down later? My wife keeps asking me that because this is how it was with a few others phones, but I insist that this time it's truly is different and that coming from this I expect other companies to "put people first" like WP7 has. I truly believe that this will be my OS of choice for years to come unless Android cleans up some fragmentation and battery issues and iOS well....stops being to iOS-ey. lol. Which is impossible, but good for them.
    I entered the smart phone world with WP7 so it's the only OS I know and I'm very happy with it. I happen to think is is the perfect OS for first time smart phone owners.
    04-24-2012 10:20 PM
    Everything great. Coming from 3GS to this has been great.

One gripe is I keep getting a 86000108 error message when I try to sync the windows live account. Baffles me...I even deleted all emails from hotmail and all folders. Every calendar deleted...Created a new calendar then made it default. Unlinked all other accounts. Its really weird.

I've tried the MS help center. I don't even use Windows live or hotmail for anything anyway so I'm not sure what the hold up is.
    04-24-2012 10:59 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD