Whose having a good 900 experience???

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Been on a honeymoon with my L900 since April 6th and don't expect it to end anytime soon. Never had an data issues, then or now. I have not checked for the purple screen (always set to auto) cause if haven't seen it in everyday use. I haven't checked for creaks in the corners either, because if I haven't noticed it after two weeks, it's probably not very important. Yes, if I tap above my camera I hear a little rattle, but for all we know maybe is "should" be there (has Nokia clarified one way or the other) and it does not bother me in any case. Yes, the vibration is different on this phone, but not better or worse. Just different. Camera works fine for me, as I don't print out portraits for a living.

Rarely, when I tap the back button, the multitask screen will pop up (probably a time or sensitivity issue). And a few time the camera button has failed to wake up the phone, but I am confident that Nokia is working on these and other little nits I have yet to uncover. Would recommend this phone to anybody. Thoroughly enjoying the experience.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

copmcotcs

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm doing around 90/10 (in favour)

Good:

- Zune Pass. If you listen to music and have a WP, you're doing yourself a disservice if you don't have this.

- People Hub. I don't do much on FB, the people hub keeps me more than satisfied.

To the power users here, I must provide a disclaimer: I've never "checked in" anywhere at any point during my life...except at airports to check my luggage in, but thats about it :)

- Applications. YES. Applications. I like the selection. I have all I need:

- Netflix
- Nokia maps/drive/transit
- CNN
- BBC
- Times
- Yelp
- Youtube Pro
- My bank

Thats it. I don't know if that makes me a "light" app user, however, I don't get why anyone would need more. I already feel like I have too many.

I might be a luddite in that sense.

- Usual Nokia stuff: Great Build Quality, Call Quality, Battery life

If a phone doesn't have those 3 attributes, you might as well not even buy it.

The bad:

- IE9 is OK. It does the job and sometimes, even does it well. However, its not perfect.

- It sometimes slows down on my wifi network...but I live in a 4G LTE area and thats blazing fast. Its creepy how fast LTE is.

- Volume Rocker. This is a HUGE one. I need the volume rocker TO FUNCTION WHEN THE SCREEN IS TURNED OFF. It....doesn't most of the time.

I mean, if it was a design choice, then OK. Its a stupid design choice, but, you know what, fine. However, the fact that they do work some of the times indicates to me that there is a bug. And that pisses me off.

Again, let me reiterate: 90/10.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Me.

I haven't had a single problem. I didn't even have the data connection issue before the update, but I ran the update anyway.

My phone has been perfect.

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
So far a good experience.

Peeves:

* when in XBox Live there is no "home" link to get back to the main hub if you're deep in some part of it.

* how do I access volume controls for audio except on the lock screen or in Zune? I'd like to be able to access them from anywhere. Shouldn't have to hit power 2x to get the lockscreen.

Verkunder

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
So far a good experience.

Peeves:

* when in XBox Live there is no "home" link to get back to the main hub if you're deep in some part of it.

* how do I access volume controls for audio except on the lock screen or in Zune? I'd like to be able to access them from anywhere. Shouldn't have to hit power 2x to get the lockscreen.

Just press the volume buttons. The music controls will pop down.

purefire

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I love this damn is. First win phone but it's still great. Coming from an iPhone I am over impressed with how easy it is to do everything. Once you have the main contacts pinned its a snap

milk242

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I love this phone. First phone since the iPhone that I have not thought about returning within the 30 day return window. First experience with Windows Phone 7 and the Metro UI is so beautiful, I'm adding WP7 as one of my development platforms. Programming for WP7 is also not so nightmarish as android is and a little better than iOS because C# syntax is close to Java (easiest syntax to ever pick up).

WPLuver

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Love It. Love having to not disable the WIFI, disable the Bluetooth, disable the Locative Awareness.. disable the yada-yada like on the ISh&tPhone just to save battery life.

I just dont know about people buy ****ty Apple 5-year old technology.

jd914

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Had the data issue once but the update fixed it. Phone camera working like a phone camera should and everything else is working absolutely 100% perfect. Without a doubt this is the best phone I have had in a while. I never thought I could like a Nokia device this much.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I didn't think Nokia would let me down. I used Nokia (Symbian) over 4 years ago. I was always impressed with Nokia's hardware.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I really like mine. I changed it out yesterday due to the clicking sound on the top corner, now the new one has the purplish tinge on light.

I still love it and more everyday as i find new things about it.

I had the same thing happen. I switched mine out as well :) Glad to know I wasnt the only one :)

NicholasCL

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm enjoying my phone overall. I love how it looks and feels in my hand, even though I put it in a case i have to take it out now and then just to admire it. I haven't had many negative issues with the phone itself, more with learning wp7. I have notice I'm not using it as much now as i was the first couple of weeks i had it but that's to be expected.

I did have thoughts about returning it because we're coming up on the end of the 30 day return period but there just isn't another handset out there that I have to have. I thought about the HTC One X but Android just isn't for me. The camera on the One X may be nice but every time I see that phone it just looks like great big nipple.

Samsung has some good ideas but their phones feel cheap and plasticy and they are horribly slow with updates and fixes. I'm still waiting for ICS on my galaxy tab. I'm not really a ****** of any one company so I'll try whatever works.

I think the only thing that could get me away from Nokia would be an IPhone with a 4.3" or 4.5" display and maybe not even then. I'm glad I went with the black phone but I may try and swap for a white one. The white looks sweet but I don't know about the shiny finish. I'll have to hold one to decide.

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
absolutely love my phone. Sure there are a few issues (rattle,clicking corner and purple keyboard) but those can be fixed by exchanging the phone. And there is no such thing as a perfect phone. Overall, mighty impressed with the hardware and software. Microsoft is not tooting their horn, WP really is impressive.

atlbuc

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
same here loving the new white lumia 900 glad i traded he black one in for it looks 50 times better lol love it peace...

I don't know about the white looking 50 times better, the display unit I saw today which went up Saturday evening was already dirty. Didn't really like the gloss. The 1st unit I got was black and kinda had a slick finish to the casing, I took it back today and got another black one because of the screen clicking. This one had a true matte finish to it and is very solid. I'm satisfied with this phone. There seems to be two different black phones floating around because the two I had was very different as far as the finish.

lolken

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm on Lumia 900 number 3 ... my first Lumia was rad, but it seemed to have issues connecting to 4G even after the update, so i returned it. Lumia #2 had a very purple screen on the low brightness setting, so i returned it. Lumia #3 is perfection..

Now, i was also having issues connecting with Lumia #2 .. called AT&T and they found some issue with my account and the way it was set up when i upgraded... so im pretty sure lumia #1 was A-OK ..

Either way.. i wouldn't trade my Lumia for any other phone on the market.. sure the Titan II has a kick *** camera but, its ugly next to the Lumia 900.. and honestly i think my Lumia's camera is perfect for me,

Bottom line.. I LOVE this phone, wouldn't trade it for anything. Nokia and WP = Hand set heaven for me.

Neibl

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
My best WP experience to date (my third WP). I'm obsessed with the screen and how it feels in hand. LTE, battery life, and performance are stellar!

I only wish i got the whtie, but the black is sleek so happy

joeaux

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I really dig this phone. The feel in the hand is top notch. The screen pops. This is my second Cyan. My first just would not work correctly with wifi. Would stall randomly. This was after the update was applied. I took it back to the AT&T corp store, they exchanged it and this one is spot on. No problems at all. WP7 is so refreshing. I got so fed up with iOS and Android. Good OS's but just getting long in the tooth for me.
-joe-

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb