Water Damage Indicator Location

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Anyone know where the water damage indicator is located? I just got a new replacement phone from Amazon, and was checking it out. I know generally on the iPhone it's located in the headphone jack. So when I was comparing my replacement against the original, I checked this out, and on the original, there's like no color down the headphone jack, and on the newer one it looks like there's red paint on the jack or something of the sort, not really like any type of paper like it generally is. I gave Amazon and AT&T a call, but they are just as baffled as I am, I'd try Nokia but they're closed right now. Any thoughts? (Reason I'm asking is to get the replacement replaced to avoid any warranty issues if need be later on. The reps at Amazon and AT&T were very nice and understanding (which is stunning for once with AT&T). Amazon told me to just give them a call asap if the phone is defective so we can get another one going)

Last edited:

psonio7

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm just as baffled. Only place I can think of is headphone jack or inside the sim tray. I see white at the bottom of the headphone jack if you get the light at the right angle.

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm just as baffled. Only place I can think of is headphone jack or inside the sim tray. I see white at the bottom of the headphone jack if you get the light at the right angle.

That's what I see in my first Lumia right now. Well I don't see white, but I don't really see anything but metal. I was looking at the tear down pictures that TechRepublic has, and I think it's that white strip next to the battery on the bottom of the mobo (Cracking Open Nokia Lumia 900: Internal hardware | 23 of 56 in the right on that picture, on the bottom of the battery on the mobo.

Just spoke to Nokia Care Live Chat, and they said there shouldn't be that red color down the headphone jack, and suggested to get it replaced from wherever I got my replacement. Looks like that's where one of the water damage indicators is located.

Last edited:

YingTK

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
Anyone know where the water damage indicator is located? I just got a new replacement phone from Amazon, and was checking it out. I know generally on the iPhone it's located in the headphone jack. So when I was comparing my replacement against the original, I checked this out, and on the original, there's like no color down the headphone jack, and on the newer one it looks like there's red paint on the jack or something of the sort, not really like any type of paper like it generally is. I gave Amazon and AT&T a call, but they are just as baffled as I am, I'd try Nokia but they're closed right now. Any thoughts? (Reason I'm asking is to get the replacement replaced to avoid any warranty issues if need be later on. The reps at Amazon and AT&T were very nice and understanding (which is stunning for once with AT&T). Amazon told me to just give them a call asap if the phone is defective so we can get another one going)

Hi,

Did you get your replacement phone from amazon wireless? I was thinking about getting a replacement(exchange) as well, but from the info I found online, amazon has pretty bad review on returning the phone, and from what I've read, it seems that I'd have to return it before getting the replacement, and that process takes amazon up to 4 weeks... It seems like you're having the replacement before returning your phone? Can you show me the steps order replacement from amazon?

Thanks!

Edit: Called amazon wireless CS, done in 5 minutes with a replacement phone coming. Not sure why the bad reviews of amazon CS.

Last edited:

mynokia

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
The screws in the Nokia Lumia 620 are indicators. Take off the cover are the screws still black? If they are turning white then this indicates some water damage. You may be lucky and there may not be any water damage inside the phone. I unfortunately found this out today when my phone bricked on me. Despite me never having gotten my phone wet, I cannot get it fixed because the screws suggest water damage! :cry:

jefbeard911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, on the 900 the water damage indicator it a small sticker located under the sim tray. I had to reference it when I returned mine to Nokia Care.

Take the sim tray out. On the metal housing inside where the tray was there is a very small sticker, white, I think. Been awhile.

Anyway, that's where it is

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss