Search button is pressed automatically sometime

pumpkinzhou

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Hi, my lumia 900 has this kind of issue:

The Search button is pressed automatically by the system, and I feel a short vibration as a normal touch on the Search button. I have to switch back to my previous program using Back key.

This error often happens when I playing games or charging using OEM charger. I checked and make sure I didn't touch the button.

My guess for this error is: OEM charger may give a unstable or higher electric current, so that the current trigger the Search key. Again, I'm not sure this error is Software bug or Hardware bug.

Is here anyone having similar issue?

Last edited:

pumpkinzhou

May 28, 2012
Visit site
I have a Trophy and I always feel like the freaking Search button is getting hit. It's really irritating.
Interesting. Is the Search program really executed? My 900 does. It seems the system automatically trigger the button.

As you have another band of phone, maybe it's a software bug (hopefully)

iloveamystery

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
This happens to me regularly when playing games. I've doublechecked to make sure I wasn't accidentally pressing the key, and it occasionally happens anyway.

pumpkinzhou

May 28, 2012
Visit site
This happens to me regularly when playing games. I've doublechecked to make sure I wasn't accidentally pressing the key, and it occasionally happens anyway.

Same here. I also checked but I think this is really an important bug or error for this phone.

According to:
I have a Trophy and I always feel like the freaking Search button is getting hit. It's really irritating.

I think it could be a software bug because it was found in another brand phone.

Or, if the specification of Trophy and Lumia900 is similar, it may also be caused by some similar hardware design fault.

LordGreylock

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes