Visit site
Got a note from one of my friends today (Silicon Valley tech guy) that read:
"Guess what device I got to beta test today?"

I asked if it was wp8, and his response:
"It looks like it will be the successor to the Lumia 900."

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
He said it was part mktg study on cellphone usage. He said they wouldnt let them turn the phones on but it was a nokia phone with a windows logo that he hasn't seen yet.

vizagdude

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
The Nokia Lumia 900 is so popular and Nokia's Flagship devices, I am sure there will be a successor. So there is no surprise there.

The NEWS would've been if you had some specs and spy shots of the device.

lippidp

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
wmpoweruser published an article that has more details on a phone nokia is testing is focus groups: Rumour: Nokia focus testing a new dual-core Windows PhoneWMPoweruser

3.5” – 4” screen (no mention of AMOLED or LCD)
Dual-core CPU (undisclosed clock speed or manufacturer)
8MP Camera (no pureview )
Very rectangular design with sharp edges
Cheap plastic body
If this is true I'm bummed out. I thought I was on their focus group list. I did a focus group after Mango, but before Lumia 800 for an unnamed company, but I'm thinking it was Nokia. Crap, I guess I wasn't the kind of dude they were looking for.

undisputed n00b

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
If this is true I'm bummed out. I thought I was on their focus group list. I did a focus group after Mango, but before Lumia 800 for an unnamed company, but I'm thinking it was Nokia. Crap, I guess I wasn't the kind of dude they were looking for.
How did you get on their focus group list?

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Ugh. I want PureView

Thinking just how custom hardware PureView requires and how much software work it needs, i got feeling we wont see WP pureview device in the next +8 months.

It was in developement for 5 years and the camera sensor itself has another chip to make the 41MP possible. There's no SoC out there at the moment that gives you possibility for 41MP sensor

Nokia's SoC on 808 is quite a bit of a custom work, custom and WP don't really go together.

Me, personally, not impressed with those specs

Even if it's real, it's not like Nokia will announce one device in Nokia World. 2 Windows Phones is a minium. One flagship and device to take 710's place i would guess. Plus w8 tablet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes