Finally got it unlocked!

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
I went to T-Mobile yesterday and they were sign me up right away. I decided to wait, I had no money's! It was for a prepaid account, I want to check it out where I live in Santa Barbara. Apparently, it's nothing but T-Mobile there. AT&T gives me full bars as well, but I want to test that 4G. I read online some places are actually giving customers 3G/4G on unlocked devices.

Let us know if that is the case.

I know previously, unlocked ATT phones will only get 2g speeds and no MMS, i heard Tmobile was changing bands to match up with ATT to allow 3g, always wondered if that ever happened.

Let us know!

Thanks

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Let us know if that is the case.

I know previously, unlocked ATT phones will only get 2g speeds and no MMS, i heard Tmobile was changing bands to match up with ATT to allow 3g, always wondered if that ever happened.

Let us know!

Thanks

I sold my unlocked Lumia 800 to a friend using T-Mobile in Kansas City. I was only getting edge speeds on it last year, but he's getting 3G and HSPA+ on it right now! I assume it would be the same for an unlocked 900.

cj-m

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I contacted AT&T support for unlocking my 900 but they turned me down, saying that because I do not have a contract with them, they are not in a position to unlock my phone. The phone is an AT&T non commitment phone, surely they should be able to unlock it?

Any suggestions?

tboard24

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
If I were you I'd chat with their international care/support. I can't guarantee that will work though

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

cj-m

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Nope...you are right at that. It looks like i will have to get myself a gophone account and then try again. I have spoken to 6 people so far and only one was able to partially help.

ballanda

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
For those who have unlocked their phones, how did you do the procedure where you're supposed to enter #PW + code + 7 ???

I cannot get those characters to appear.

ballanda

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I just noticed this on the Network Setup app description...

"on SIM locked devices, even after unlocking, this application will not configure the Internet and MMS settings."

So how did so many people get it to work then?

TheRewardisCheese

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I did the chat with International Support, had my unlock code in 5 mins. Told them I was traveling to the UK and was planning on using prepaid sim cards while there.

Funny too because my account was past due at the time. I can tell you that calling US Customer Service would have immediately returned a big ol' DENIED due to the past due balance..

Xsever

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
I just noticed this on the Network Setup app description...

"on SIM locked devices, even after unlocking, this application will not configure the Internet and MMS settings."

So how did so many people get it to work then?

I think they mean it won't do it automatically for you. You'll have to input the settings yourself.

jjmai

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I got mine unlocked for T-mobile USA.
But for some reason, the wireless icon sometimes switches between E and 4G (2~3 bars). But it doesn't seem to be able to actually get any data when it's on 4G, and I have no way of forcing Edge-only. And I am pretty sure T-mobile hasn't switched on the borrowed-from-AT&T-3G in my area anyway.
Any suggestions?

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
Well, after reading about all the excitement of getting the Lumia unlocked, I finally called for my unlock code yesterday... 45 minutes later, the first person explained it would not be available for my trip to London until December... A second attempt, and another 35 minutes on the phone, got the exact same answer...

Any one have a direct number to someone that knows this stuff? I'm an interesting scenario since I am not a contract sub and I didn't buy the phone as it was an awesome prize from Nokia US... They have zero ties to me and I can only use it on Straight Talk or another MVNO at this point.

jjmai

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
or you can just buy unlock code from ebay.
Some sellers may be able to check if it's unlockable based on your phone's IMEI, so you probably want to ask first before buying.

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
So far the cheapest I've found online for unlocking one is $50 and a possible 2 day wait... I have an unlocked/debranded Focus S and an unlocked Titan that I am using in the meantime, but the fact that AT&T is unlocking some while not doing others is very irritating!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes