Computer connection error

ktkalcich

May 19, 2012
Visit site
So I am trying to update my lumia 900 to the 7.8. However when I plug my phone in (using the original cord it came with and others) it will charge, but the computer doesn't connect to it. I've tried different cords and computers. No connection other than charging it.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
What version of Windows are you running?

Have you tried other USB ports (the ports in the back, rather than in the front)?

ktkalcich

May 19, 2012
Visit site
I tried 2 laptops with windows 8 and a desktop as well as a laptop with windows 7. Two Nokia cords and a generic cord. I did update two other lumia 900 phones with two of the other cords. I also tried all the different USB ports with the different cords.

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I tried 2 laptops with windows 8 and a desktop as well as a laptop with windows 7. Two Nokia cords and a generic cord. I did update two other lumia 900 phones with two of the other cords. I also tried all the different USB ports with the different cords.

I know it may seem like a stupid question...but have you tried restarting the phone to see if it's perhaps just an odd connection error?

If you've done that have you tried doing a hard reset and then updating?

TMavC5

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I am going to assumed that you have Zune installed. Keep L900 plug in, run windows update and you should get an update via Windows Update.

ktkalcich

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Tried the windows update idea on two computers. Updated 1 computer but didn't do anything for the phone. I guess this leaves me with trying to wipe the phone.

StLouis1

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I bought a new Dell with Windows 8 and my phone would not connect either, I thought it was because of the USB 3.0 ports. The solution for me was to start Zune, and told Zune to "forget this phone". The next time I connected the phone after restarting Zune it connected normally.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes