Cases or covers for Lumia 920

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Think I might pick up a Cyan Incipio Feather case and a yellow Nokia gel case when it is released. For people who have the incipio case, does it provide a bit more grip than without a case? Thanks.
I bought the black Incipio Ultra blabla Feather at an MS store. It fits nicely onto the 920. It's a little less slippery than the 920 by itself. The bigger problem for me though is that it doesn't protect the front at all. The shell protects everything else though.
I therefore just purchased the Incipio Dual Pro Case. This has a soft rubber case that wraps around to the front thereby also protecting the screen when putting it face down. A shell very similar to the Feather then fits snug around that soft case. It actually doesn't add too much bulk to the phone. Grip is good.
IMG_1937 (800x600).jpgIMG_1933 (800x600).jpgIMG_1934 (800x600).jpg

in comparison here a picture of the Incipio Feather on the Lumia 920
IMG_1936 (800x600).jpg

Last edited:

clubbstudios

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
any idea on Xtreemguard full body protector 4usd in ebay..are they worth it fro scrat proff?

XtremeGuard LCD Full Body Screen Protector Skin for Nokia Lumia 920 PureView | eBay

Just got mine today - $4 on amazon.com -- definitely worth it for scratch protection BUT be warned -- this is thick material! Most people complain about the screen being a bit sticky, and the phone feeling strange in their hand... It's almost identical to the other "skins" I've tried: Clear Coat & Zagg, but this one is actually thinner and smoother than those brands.

For me, anything's better than the slippery, already-scratched gloss coating on my Red 920!! :unhappysweat:

XtremeGuard isn't the prettiest skin, meaning it's not 100% transparent, but it provides scratch protection and better grip both in your hand and on the charging plate/stands! My 920 doesn't slide off anymore, which is awesome.

Oh, and the screen protector covers the FULL screen, perfectly! This is was very impressive to me.

... I am sorry but I just spent 10 minutes looking for my digital camera and cannot find it! So, I will have to look again later so I can post some pix of the skin installed on my phone -- hard to photograph my phone with my phone :straight:

clubbstudios

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Ah, would love to pick up one of those leather cases and the cyan soft cover. Both are "Due Friday 25th January" in US.

Black is in stock with Amazon Marketplace seller Bid-Deals or something like that, anyway it's $7,28 + 3.99 shipping in a couple days from them!

Nokia 02733P4 CC-1043 Cover for Lumia 920 - 1 Pack - Retail Packaging - Black

They also have the Cyan soft cover (you want the Nokia CC-1043 cover, yes?) now available for order "Temporarily Unavailable - Order now and we'll ship when available." on Amazon.com - shipped and sold by Amazon, no less! $11.99 & Free Shipping!

Nokia 02733Q0 CC-1043 Cover for Lumia 920 - 1 Pack - Retail Packaging - Cyan

^ Colors they (Amazon) listed alongside Cyan are: Red, Yellow, Grey and Black.

=)

So yeah hi everyone! I went ahead and ordered Black from that marketplace seller so that it would tide me over until Amazon ships me my Red one!! Whatever, they're cheap in my book.

Oh wait sorry this WP Central... Omg so expensive it's over $5 omg *rolls eyes*

Behold the Cart of Glory (or Agony as I wait??)
View attachment 26870

... Why does time seem to be moving more slowly??? *sigh* Nokia Lumia 920 addiction. Accessory withdrawal. Ship now darn-it!!!

clubbstudios

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks to those who had my back in defending what I've done in here (about the CC-1043 and NOT telling how I got it.) People get mad when you don't dilvulge every single detail on something. I swear, why do people view it as bragging? All I did was post pics, and say right up front I'm not saying where I got it from, but all I know is they will be out soon. It was more of a "THESE DO EXIST AND THEY WILL BE OUT SOON!"

Somehow, people take that as being a douche, or that I am bragging.
-It would be a douche move if I posted the pics and left it at that, and didn't say anything else. People asked me questions about it and I was upfront and honest about it.
-It would be bragging if I was constantly showing new pics and rubbing it in peoples faces saying "look what I have, look what you don't!"

I guess that's how it is these days. But, now that they seem to be in the retail supply chain in some form or another, it was an employee of Nokia who reached out to me after I wrote a letter to their customer support team, inquiring about the existence of the CC-1043. I'm not going to say who, so that person isn't flooded with requests or inquiries (so please don't ask), but they were extremely helpful and gracious in getting me an early preview of what was coming.

Dude, you don't have to worry about them... Clearly they don't understand how product leaks benefit the community, not the tester. If anything, it SUCKS for you because you get all of those a-holes writing to you because they have nothing better to do and they're jealous!

I loved your post. Check out my post on page 7 -- ordered two of the CC-1043!

Please, please, please keep doing what you're doing -- eventually . I am new to WPCentral and WP8 but I know from maaany years of insider beta and product testing for RIM's BlackBerry that the preview, the teaser and the leak are the most exciting and intriguing forum contributions.

What, people thought it could be a fake!? Great! Then all of the cheap people who whine about a $15 accessory could buy the amazing case you showed us from the supposed counterfeit manufacturer and they'd be happy and your post would still be useful!

Ok now I'm getting a bit silly, but seriously: Thank you. I'm sure I'll take tons of fire for this post supporting you, but idgaf ;) I'm not worried and I won't waste time trying to reason with unreasonable people. Here's why:

(KEEP THIS IN MIND) neither you nor I (nor any other beta tester or product/news leak-source) have any real obligation to explain yourself, your methods, or your sources to anybody. YOU are doing EVERYONE ELSE a favor. It's that simple.

On CrackBerry.com, one of the most prominent sources for OS leaks shut down his entire connection to the community because he was harassed... I am praying that this does not happen to you! And it won't =) the moderators and participants here seem very fair and proactive overall.

Maintain the integrity you clearly have with your sources, and those within the community who take the time to understand how much you help develop a brand, a product and an even an online culture by leaks will fully appreciate your time well-spent on news and reviews BEFORE anybody else knows about it!

Loiselle

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Just ordered a Red CC-1043 from Amazon.com for $11.99 for the girlfriends 920 last night. Hopefully, stock is in soon, so she can get rid of the garbage case she's been using as a stop-gap. Good to see orders being taken by Amazon.com. They only had it on their site as a placeholder since November 14!

Jon Ab

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I actually purchased an Otterbox for my Lumia 920 (I know, it makes it look pretty ugly, but I work in a rugged environment that being Afghanistan). I purchased the pillow charger and even with the plastic enclosure and silicone sleeve it charges my phone with no issues. I was really surprised, but glad that getting the pillow charger wasn't a waste of money!

Tempest790

Oct 3, 2004
Visit site
My metallic coveres came last night! They look very nice. The orange metallic has a very deep color and looks like it's made of copper. The gold metallic looks like a semi-dull gold. The silver is very nice looking in that it's not very shiny. It looks like the dull side of aluminum foil which I really like. All three covers have the same fit as the Rock cases in that the button holes on the side appear better molded than the other multi-color colors. My wife took the orange metallic today, and I took the gold. I'll post pictures tonight when I get home.

Orange metallic -> orange theme
Gold metallic -> amber theme
Silver metallic -> steel theme

It's like having a new phone every time I change colors!

readitodie

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
My metallic coveres came last night! They look very nice. The orange metallic has a very deep color and looks like it's made of copper. The gold metallic looks like a semi-dull gold. The silver is very nice looking in that it's not very shiny. It looks like the dull side of aluminum foil which I really like. All three covers have the same fit as the Rock cases in that the button holes on the side appear better molded than the other multi-color colors. My wife took the orange metallic today, and I took the gold. I'll post pictures tonight when I get home.

Orange metallic -> orange theme
Gold metallic -> amber theme
Silver metallic -> steel theme

It's like having a new phone every time I change colors!

Will they work with wireless charger?

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
My cc-1043 is on the FedEx truck for delivery today. I can't believe this case wasn't available from day 1. The 800 came with this case in the box, now we're left waiting months after the phone is released.

vtective

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
(Repost from seperate thread for convenience)

I received my NGP case from Incipio earlier this week. I've had a couple of days use, and I can say it is the best case I've purchased for the 920.

Initially I was disappointed in the case. When I received the case the thin bottom piece curved up, instead of in. To solve the issue, I took the case off of the phone, placed a towel over it and pressed down with a warm (not too hot) iron. This seems to have fixed the problem and it fits like a glove now.

Unlike other TPU soft cases, the NGP case fits very snug. There is little give, which can make it a pain to take it off but it feels more like a hard case once it is on, rather than a mushy silicone case. I also prefer it over hard shell cases because it protects the bottom and top of the phone. The headphone jack fits my Sol Republic Tracks HD headphones just fine. The case does negatively effect photos taken with a flash, causing a blur effect, but I rarely use flash so this was not an issue for me. Also, for those with a creaky Lumia, this will help alleviate that issue.

While I will definitely switch to the Nokia brand case when it arrives, this one works quite well.

The case is available at Incipio's website for $19.99 in black, translucent pink, and translucent mercury. The attached photos are translucent mercury. Nokia Lumia 920 NGP Impact Resistant Case

View attachment 26018View attachment 26019View attachment 26020

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I just received my cc-1043. It's very similar to the gel case for the 900. Actually, it's more in line with the case that came in the box with the 800, in that there are holes for the volume, power, and camera buttons. Very nice case.
WP_20130115_001.jpgWP_20130115_002.jpg

cuzincurly

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Hello there!

I also ordered a cellphone case from bethebest117 (eBay My World - bethebest117) on ebay as did a couple of posters here. Did the seller give you the tracking number for the package? I received an email claiming that the package has been sent with the tracking number can be checked at the usps website, but the email nor the ebay details of my purchase didn't contain any tracking number.

I hope anyone can help! thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon