Cases or covers for Lumia 920

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
As far as I am aware, these are not available for the 920 due to the unibody design of the phone and the way the screen is fused in to the unibody. The 820 definitely has them though.

Markyyy

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
@Elchicos, I'd be surprised if Nokia stopped including the silicone cover with the lumia handsets. The 920 is made of the same polycarbonate material, so you'd think it would be given the same measure of protection as the 800 and 900 were.

The_Vermonster

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I had a bumper on my 900 for a few months and I was always looking for a good case that showed off the style of the unibody. After numerous jabs from my iphone 4 toting girlfriend about how ugly my phone was, I got rid of the bumper. I have to say I enjoy my phone much more now, and she has nothing to ***** about. I have even dropped it a few times with no harm done. It is a Nokia after all.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
155411-400x400.jpg

There's at least Nokia CP-600 case.

In general though i have to say that the durability of Nokia's single piece carved poly phones is amazing.
Have had the original unibody Nokia, N9 for much over year and no mark anywhere. Never used any protection on my 800 or N9. That color is also all through the material.

That said i'm surprised Nokia hasn't released more covers for Lumia 920. usually what happens with Nokia and covers is that they just appear on shops without any announcements or similar. At least in here Europe.

Last edited:

Yakkaimono

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
As far as I am aware, these are not available for the 920 due to the unibody design of the phone and the way the screen is fused in to the unibody. The 820 definitely has them though.

Well the 800 has the same design elements of which you are talking about but there are all kind of covers and cases. I think nokia will make some available later on. But it could also be that they are avoiding this topic a bit since they want the wireless charging feature to stand out and cases or covers could render wireless charging useless.

Yakkaimono

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
The 900 one is called Nokia CP-588. So the CP-600 could exist but seems like there is no official photo of it so they used the one from the 588.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
The phone in the picture is the 900. Are you sure this case is for 920?!

Like said by Yakkaimono there should be case for Lumia 920 called CP-600. In essence CP-588 case made for Lumia 920.

Well the 800 has the same design elements of which you are talking about but there are all kind of covers and cases. I think nokia will make some available later on. But it could also be that they are avoiding this topic a bit since they want the wireless charging feature to stand out and cases or covers could render wireless charging useless.

That's actually good point. They showed on one video that it will charge the phone couple of millimeters above the Nokia charging plate, but i'm not sure how would case affect that.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
ATT had Nokia cases for the 900 at launch here in Ft Smith Ar so I would suspect strongly that ATT will have a limited selection of cases for the 920 at launch time for the 920. I would suspect that Amazon will have a selection available once they are going at Amazon.com

Loiselle

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering the same thing. My N9 came with a tight fitting cover/case that was the same color and finish as the unibody. But I havent seen this for the Lumia 920yet on the Nokia accessories website (USA or Europe).

This is what came with my N9: CC-1020

Reviewing the Nokia N9 rubber case/cover that ships with the device - YouTube

The cover IS on its way. I have been emailing with some reps from Nokia and they have informed me, that the CC-1043 IS on its way... he said I should hear something soon about when it will be on its way to retail outlets and Amazon.com. It's a version of the CC-1037 for the Lumia 900, but, made to fit the 920. I had it for the 900 and loved it to death. Still bummed it isn't available yet.

vtective

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 70
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    574.4 KB · Views: 50
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 56
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

vtective

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
The cover IS on its way. I have been emailing with some reps from Nokia and they have informed me, that the CC-1043 IS on its way... he said I should hear something soon about when it will be on its way to retail outlets and Amazon.com. It's a version of the CC-1037 for the Lumia 900, but, made to fit the 920. I had it for the 900 and loved it to death. Still bummed it isn't available yet.
I definitely want one of these. I hope they make a gray one.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I got the Incipio Feather Ultra Thin snap on case for the Lumia 920 at a MS store in Boston. Very happy with it. very solid, looks similar to the worldshopping case above. They have them in similar colors as the phone colors. Got mine in black matte.

robertre

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I picked up a Fosmon TPU case off ebay. You can also order them from Amazon.It was real cheap and seems to be great fit and quality. It has a dual finish S design on the back which makes it look pretty slick. It does add a little bulk and weight, but you can easily remove it when you do not want a cover on it. It just gives me a little piece of mind knowing I have some protection on it, and it is also easier to grip as the sides are rough. I am planning on picking up a couple more colors so I can mix it up. I had a TPU cover on my Samsung Focus along with a very light weight pouch, and it protected it from many drops. I picked up a soft cloth pouch to carry my 920 in when I go out. I know it is overkill, but I like to keep my phone in perfect shape.

seraphim19

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
the problem i have with case on the 920 is that the screen doesnt have a lip on the edges. I love how my finger can swipe all the way out across that edge without any sort of lip like on the 900. With a case it creates that lip, are there any cases where it doesnt come up far enough to give a lip to the screen?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte