Took too long

tapiocamilktea

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Sigh...even Nexus 4 was just announced with pricing and release date, and could even beat nokia to street date!
Lets hope they release the wp8 phones ahead of schedule!

Reeves

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Made this same point in another thread, but they definitely lost a LOT of casual sales this holiday season with iPhone 5 and Galaxy Note II both being released before WP8 availability has even been announced. Same might be true for Nexus phones.

I'm sure they were rushing like mad to get this out of the door, but keeping launch details a secret for so long was definitely a mistake. Hopefully, they can make up some lost ground in a few minutes.

Oddly enough, they even start their own press events LATE. I remember the iPhone 5 and iPad mini events started at 1PM EST sharp.

doublebullout

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
vagrantwade, it's becoming obvious by all your posts that you didn't watch the event live. Microsoft did announce dates for T-Mobile and Verizon. It's a legitimate question/complaint; we're still waiting on AT&T to get off the pot and announce dates and prices.

Sent from my The New iPad using Tapatalk

jjmurphy

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
vagrantwade, it's becoming obvious by all your posts that you didn't watch the event live. Microsoft did announce dates for T-Mobile and Verizon. It's a legitimate question/complaint; we're still waiting on AT&T to get off the pot and announce dates and prices.

Double, you should change the "sent from my The New iPad" unless it's sarcasm. It reads really dumb;)

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site

I watched it live. I also have a very good source working for AT&T and I know for a fact that people will stop whining very shortly. But that is going to be AT&T releasing an announcement. T-Mobile released their own this morning BEFORE the event.

jjmurphy

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
I watched it live. I also have a very good source working for AT&T and I know for a fact that people will stop whining very shortly. But that is going to be AT&T releasing an announcement. T-Mobile released their own this morning BEFORE the event.
Come now vagrantwade, you can't really fault people for doubting AT&T will actually pull it off and announce something can you?

tapiocamilktea

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Next time we have an over hyped phone with massive feature demonstrations but with no release information for months, we can say they pulled a "920", definition of a phone tease.

pavvento

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Because they are letting the manufacturers announce it. Windows is just the OS.

I don't think the majority of the people care WHO announces it, they just want an announcement. AT&T put out a press release a week or two ago saying they would be the exclusive carrier for the 920. The 920 has been 'announced' in various ways at least 3 times over the past 8 weeks and yet nobody knows anything about availability/price in the U.S.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
This is why I'm not here. Because of topics like these.

So because its too late for YOU, that translates for all consumers??

Uh huh

Reeves

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I watched it live. I also have a very good source working for AT&T and I know for a fact that people will stop whining very shortly.

No offense, but didn't you say to wait because "the day was young" earlier?

Here we are at 8PM EST, 5PM PST...nada.

It doesn't matter at this point. The iron was red hot earlier today and they blew it. For some reason, Lumia 920 devices aren't really ready to go for the US and they're still running "pre-release" software - as per the wpcentral editors today.

Meanwhile, final HTC 8X reviews are all over the Web and THAT - not the Lumia 920 - is the crucial first impression that the tech press and public will have of Windows Phone 8.

What a blown opportunity.

Nokia went from the most anticipated - before the 8X was even announced - to eating its dust as HTC clearly got their ducks lined up in a row way faster than Nokia. No wonder that's considered the flagship and signature device......

Gken

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
still must be going for the cool factor? haha now that I have my surface, i'm less antsy for the 920, but still excited, but it is rather irritating that they still haven't even started to do preorders. Anyone know people who work at At&t, did they already receive the phones?

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
I have a source too, a microsoft guy told me mid november for U.S wp8 release.

not joking either. based on tmobiles release date, what he told me seems to be true and he told me this about two months ago.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes