The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
11-26-2012 12:06 AM
500 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    Yes it does support 1080p. You change this under video options in the camera.

I am sticking to 720 as it keeps the size lower so that I can upload faster and show you guys.
    I also more interested in 720 video sample, cause that's what I will use 90% of time.
    Thanks alot for a video on skydrive. And thanks a lot more for a first interview on the internet :D
    Xsever likes this.
    10-31-2012 03:31 PM
    Can you try out Kakaotalk on the 920 as well? Dying to know if multitasking works as Whatsapp
    10-31-2012 04:10 PM
    Hi, may I ask you for some photos with vivid colours? I want to see the difference between lumia 920 and iphone 5. What do you think about it?
    Thank you very much.
    I posted some of those in Skydrive. Check them out.
    francesco87 likes this.
    10-31-2012 04:23 PM
    180-degree video recording:
    Did you notice the slight bluish color changes in the video?
    10-31-2012 04:25 PM
    Yes I did. It is very cloudy out there too.
    10-31-2012 04:29 PM
    Yeah that's the white balance changing.
    paengerz likes this.
    10-31-2012 04:37 PM
    Yeah that's the white balance changing.
    Pretty normal behaviour, no?
    10-31-2012 04:38 PM
    Phone gets warmer than the Lumia 900 above the camera when in heavy use / long charging time.
    10-31-2012 04:50 PM
    Heading home soon. Will have a proper camera on a small tripod and will be answering most of the questions I received today.

STAY TUNED!
    10-31-2012 04:53 PM
    Loving all your videos so far.
    I wanna see you make a video about music playing from the device's speaker, I would appreciate if you made a video about it! :D
    10-31-2012 05:20 PM
    *woops double post sry*
    10-31-2012 05:20 PM
    I don't know if this has been asked, but is there a way to shut off the instructions with voice texting. I use it every day and don't want to have to listen instructions each time. Could you go into some detail about the speech options and how they work?

Thanks for the info you are given us!!!!
    10-31-2012 05:25 PM
    Hey X, can you check if there is a lock orientation in lumia? Thanks much!
    10-31-2012 05:33 PM
    Hey X, can you check if there is a lock orientation in lumia? Thanks much!
    Nope, there isn't on ANY WP.
    10-31-2012 05:42 PM
    Can you try out Kakaotalk on the 920 as well?
    OK sorry but I had to laugh at the name of that app ;).
    10-31-2012 05:46 PM
    I would like to add my thanks to you, Xsever, for all the great video and pictures you have posted and taking the time to answer everyone's questions. I'm dying here with no release date info from AT&T and your posts have been a godsend. (I reserved my Lumia 920 from Best Buy but it still says "item backordered" ARGH!!!)

So my question (being brand new to WinPhone OS) is there a way to lock the white balance, exposure, and/or focus on the camera? I notice that the phone is trying it's best to auto correct but it would be nice to be able to walk around with my phone and not have it changing colors.

Thanks again for being so patient with all of us suckers without our own Lumia 920's! :)

BTW - Is anyone else blown away at the lack of more info on the Lumia from other websites (including WPCentral)? I mean tons of people got free 920's yesterday at BUILD but so far there aren't even any first impressions on any of the major tech blogs. Could there be some sort of embargo on reviews for some (stupid) reason?
    10-31-2012 05:52 PM
    Just wanted to say thank you for doing all this for us on the wp forum. Your keeping my hope alive to get this phone soon here in the U.S.
    aubreyq likes this.
    10-31-2012 05:55 PM
    I wanna see you make a video about music playing from the device's speaker, I would appreciate if you made a video about it! :D
    Coming soon in the next video I am uploading as we speak! Quality is very good and crisp.
    Last edited by xsever; 10-31-2012 at 06:14 PM.
    10-31-2012 06:03 PM
    I would like to add my thanks to you, Xsever, for all the great video and pictures you have posted and taking the time to answer everyone's questions. I'm dying here with no release date info from AT&T and your posts have been a godsend. (I reserved my Lumia 920 from Best Buy but it still says "item backordered" ARGH!!!)

So my question (being brand new to WinPhone OS) is there a way to lock the white balance, exposure, and/or focus on the camera? I notice that the phone is trying it's best to auto correct but it would be nice to be able to walk around with my phone and not have it changing colors.

Thanks again for being so patient with all of us suckers without our own Lumia 920's! :)

BTW - Is anyone else blown away at the lack of more info on the Lumia from other websites (including WPCentral)? I mean tons of people got free 920's yesterday at BUILD but so far there aren't even any first impressions on any of the major tech blogs. Could there be some sort of embargo on reviews for some (stupid) reason?
    Camera details and speaker quality incoming in the video being uploaded. I will post here when it's up and available.
    10-31-2012 06:13 PM
    Just saw your SkyDrive album (SkyDrive is blocked at work). Very impressed by the pictures.
    10-31-2012 06:13 PM
    Coming soon in the next video I am uploading as we speak! Quality is very good and crisp.
    Wow thank you a lot, I'm an audiophile so thank you a lot.
    A big *hug* :D
    10-31-2012 06:20 PM
    I'm a young amateur photographer and I've been waiting for this phone since it was announced... but now I'm very disappointed with the camera.
    My current phone is an N8 and I use it as my "point-and-shot" while my DSLR is my main camera, and that symbian phone makes a good job, but it's SO is dead... so I was waiting to see how the lumia's camera was, and the daylight pictures look worse than the N8 ones....
    However, I've been looking at the pictures for a while and I noticed that the focus and white balance where perfect, but there is a lot of detail loss, and I think that the answer is in postprocessing, not in the sensor.... And that's important: it's a software problem.
    The camera is set for take only night or low light pics, so the noise reduction and compression are way too much for a daylight pic...
    So, xserver, I'd like to ask you for the settings in the camera app of the phone, if there is some option to turn off that settings and make the daylight pictures look better.... because that will define if I get the phone or not. x.x...

BTW: Thank you for this review! is very natural and unbiased unlike the ones in tech pages.
    10-31-2012 06:20 PM
    180-degree video recording:
    This is crazy. It's almost as if you are either using a tripod and angling it, or you are indeed a robot.
    10-31-2012 06:23 PM
    This is crazy. It's almost as if you are either using a tripod and angling it, or you are indeed a robot.
    Tell me about it! :D Long Live OIS!
    10-31-2012 06:25 PM
    can you take a couple of macro shots and upload it?
    10-31-2012 06:26 PM
500 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD