Pictures/Videos taken with your 920!

sammygs2

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Hoping this isn't another Lumia 900 camera fiasco. The 900's camera was touted as the greatest thing ever. Turned out to be sub par. People please post some pics!

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I will give you my theory on this, and let me be clear.. I like Nokia a lot, I've had Nokia phones for the past 10 years, and I have 3 of them right now. So no.. I am not trolling.

The 920 has a very aggressive noise reduction algorithm, which helps in those low light shots with longer exposure. The problem is, it doesn't "turn off" when the sun is out, so you loose detail because of it.

... I will go even further. There is a slight chance that the HTC One X and the Ativ S will take slightly better pictures than the 920 in ideal conditions, because they don't have to accommodate for that low light setting.

We will se if I am right in the next few days :)

It was the Nokia of pictures. Average in it's nature but praised for no reason.
What are you trying to say ? That Nokia cameras are praised for no reason.. I am just curious.

If that is the case, I can show you 2-3 photographs taken with a Nokia phone, and your statement will dissolve into millions of pixels :)

Last edited:

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
^ the difference b/w the 920 and 8x can't be huge .. they are both shooting at 1.4 micron pixels, so therefore the difference it quality won't be that big.. considering that most of the other components are "good enough" in both phones.

Where the 920 will excel compared to the 8x is in low light(longer exposures), and in video (OIS)/sound recording.. both by a pretty good margin.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
^ the difference b/w the 920 and 8x can't be huge .. they are both shooting at 1.4 micron pixels, so therefore the difference it quality won't be that big.. considering that most of the other components are "good enough" in both phones.

Where the 920 will excel compared to the 8x is in low light(longer exposures), and in video (OIS)/sound recording.. both by a pretty good margin.

Low light and Video are both functions of a camera. So they are both very much so included in the discussion of the quality of a camera.

So the 920 camera is FAR better.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Low light and Video are both functions of a camera. So they are both very much so included in the discussion of the quality of a camera.

tumblrm32ew2hgdz1rouq9i.gif

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
This picture is taken with the 920? If so why are people complaining about day light photo this looks great

I wouldn't say it looks "great".. its all relative anyway, but it looks perfectly fine for a modern smartphone.

Overall.. yes, I would say its better than the 8x/ativ.. but I am not so sure if its better in daylight still photography, we will find out soon I guess. Even if it isn't the difference will be very small.

Just don't expect the 920 to destroy them.. its not going to happen.

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
It's exactly like the Lumia 900. Nice color and looks good from a distance, but at regular viewing or computer viewing, there's a morbid lack of detail. It looks like a very high quality 3MP camera instead of an 8MP.
Actually.. that apples to all smartphones, except one.. so, I am not surprised at all.

Still, you get much better sound recording and video recording. They say that they used the same mics they used in the 808, and if that is the case... its amazing what they can do, despite the fact that its mono..

The OIS works very well during video.. much better than anything else on the market.

weetigo

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Is that edited in anyway? I am really starting to worry about the quality of the camera on the L920. However, those two shots taken from the L920 on your Flickr look great.

I'm still waiting for more examples before I jump from my iPhone 5.
Nope, its not edited. You can read the EXIF info on both the skydrive and flikr links to see that its not; both were done with default settings.

The fruit was taken under a harsh fluorescent light in a grocery store. The colour of the orange seemed less saturated in the 920 than the original scene and the highlights from the fluorescent lights seemed more obvious.

Out of the box, this is a huge improvement over the 900, but if you are looking for iphone quality, get an iphone. This camera doesn't do the same post-color processing. The red's wont look as vibrant on the 920 as a result.

The 900 camera was ok if you set everything, but its auto settings were terrible initially. It wasn't very good indoors. The update this summer made its auto settings decent, but it never was that great. The pictures look like an improvement over the 900 to me.

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
No good.. at full resolution that is, otherwise looks fine.. and like I suspected it gets a lot of "detail" in the foreground, you won't be able to see all that with most other phones

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb