Anyone else have squeaking/creaky volume buttons?

unity04

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I was just using my phone while in bed, and I noticed that while in a quiet environment the volume up and down buttons are really squeaky... when you press down on them, without pushing them down all the way, there seems to be creaking coming from them.. anyone having this on their unit, or do I got a faulty device? While using the phone before I never noticed it, but it's quite loud when you're in a quiet room and you just press on them.

Thanks.

devize

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Yes! and it is driving me insane. I only have to very lightly put my finger on the volume rocker and a rather loud squeaking noise occurs.

devize

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I had it when it was brand new but the squeaking went away, how old is your lumia?

I've only had it for a couple days, was hoping that it would go away so I've been constantly pressing the volume rocker to loosen it up. How long did it take for yours to go away? It seems like the volume rocker is just tight and rubbing against the polycarb body.

Jakob Deleuran

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Well... My Volume have never said any squeaky noises. My 920 is over a year old now and i have been taking it apart to change the color and been putting it togheter again Lots of times but never had any problems like that. My volume keys just have these nice "click" noises?! Try pressing the volume rocker up and down until it stops squeaking!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans