Nokia Lumia 920 is available on 11/9 for purchase

prjkthack

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm betting AT&T got so many calls about people confused on how to get their charging pad that they just decided to throw it in for free instead of making people manually add it to their purchase.

They should have done that to begin with really.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Looks like I'll be going on a mission Friday to find yellow in-stores. I really don't lose anything anyway, since ordering the yellow online won't dispatch til the 12th at the earliest. If I don't find it at any stores Friday/Saturday/Sunday, I'll just order online Monday.

GhostITMG

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I ordered mine this morning! I also got no indication about the wireless charging pad. I just hung up with AT&T customer service and was told the pad would be shipped to me directly from the manufacturer so I should expect two packages. One from AT&T and one from Nokia. No indication was given if I would receive the charging pad at the same time as my phone.

prjkthack

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
I ordered mine this morning! I also got no indication about the wireless charging pad. I just hung up with AT&T customer service and was told the pad would be shipped to me directly from the manufacturer so I should expect two packages. One from AT&T and one from Nokia. No indication was given if I would receive the charging pad at the same time as my phone.

That sounds incorrect. The charging pad comes from AT&T. They are the ones who ordered a ton of them to give them away. It makes no sense that it would come from Nokia. Not to mention all the other people (myself included) who have the charger as part of our phone order, not separate.

Call them back and complain. lol

chriscookz

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I had the opposite in-store experience. After checking they told me pre-ordering was online only. I'm stuck going to the store first thing Friday and hoping they have decent stock.

Same here. Just went to my local corporate store to try and pre-order, but was told that it was online only and they did not have the phones in their system. They also said that while they were expecting them for Friday, "with hurricane sandy our deliveries have been a little inconsistent lately so we may not have any on Friday" grrrrr.

I'm just going to go there first thing Friday morning and hope they have them. The lady also told me that she thought the charging plate was something you got when you filled out a form that indicated you ordered the phone. Not sure how that works with people getting them in their online orders though. Maybe they'll just have a stock of plates and they'll give me one.

rambisetr#WP

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I just ordered mine online, indicates 11-8 shipping and 11-9 delivery. Also, had no indication of a charging pad included and when I chatted with the CSR they said they know there's a lot of confusion on whether it is included and take a wait and see what comes approach. If it doesn't come with the phone, to contact AT&T. Not the response I was looking for.

prjkthack

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
I still want to go to a store and pre-order just in case the phone doesn't get here on Friday, so I just called a store...

They say that the phone isn't scheduled to be out in stores until the 11th. They can't take pre-orders until Friday.

Then the guy offered to call his Nokia rep to get the story, so he's gonna call back (unlikely, but one can dream).

Sigh.

philharmonik

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I talked to a csr today and they said that nothing needs to be done to get the charging plate, it will just be included. We'll see Friday though. She did sound pretty confident about her answer and knew exactly what I was talking about fwiw.
I got the same response when I pre-ordered mine today. I hope I get the charging pad! So excited for this phone. I'm upgrading from an Atrix 4G!

evilrobot

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I got the same response when I pre-ordered mine today. I hope I get the charging pad! So excited for this phone. I'm upgrading from an Atrix 4G!

I ordered two of these, one for me and one for my wife. I ordered my wife's first and it did not say anything about the charging pad. Then, I started my order and this time a message came up that said something like "be sure to add the wireless charging pad to your cart separetly or you will not get it".

So, I quickly made my order and then made a second order for my wife - this time with the charging pad (FYI - it will show $49.99 for the pad, but then -$49.99 for the discount for the pad in your cart). Then I cancelled the first order I made for my wife without the charging pad, but it cancelled BOTH of her orders. I called in to see what was going on and they said I now can't order an upgrade on my wife's line for 3 days because their system locks it down after the first order and automatically cancels any orders that follow. What a mess.

Last edited:

prjkthack

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
So surprise surprise, ATT rep calls back and said he talked to his Nokia rep:

1. Stores are not taking pre-orders.
2. Stores should get stock in time to sell Friday morning. I didn't ask about colors.
3. If you pre-ordered online, the Nokia rep said that it won't ship till the 12th. (that REALLY sucks).

Basically, he said the best bet would be to come in bright and early on Friday. Even the AT&T rep said he'd be in that line too.

Some good and bad news. If the 12th ship date is true, then that is gonna suck for so many of us. Regardless, I'm still going in on Friday to pick one up.

eharris55

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I went to two ATT corporate stores today in DC to ask about availability. The reps there have no clue about the phones (I was asked twice about the Galaxy Note) and had to search their inventory to tell me they will have it on Friday.

They couldn't give any specifics on colors they would have but one of the stores (which is relatively small) said they would only have a few phones in stock while the larger (flagship?) store mentioned they should have a large variety and volume of 920's.

I thought that was interesting. So maybe checking with the largest ATT corporate store in your area may be a good idea.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if store reps were specifically told not to discuss colors.

After all, if you're a store, you want people to come in. If they come right out and say that yellow and cyan won't be available, then those are lost sales to them.

However, if you are looking for yellow or cyan, and come into the store to check, they at least have a chance of selling you a unit.

bauerbach

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
I think you all are giving WAY too much credit to these reps.

there is 1000x more info on this forum then in their little computers. They pull up the same page, and maybe notice it says in or around nov 9th, and simply tell you that... They may throw in some extra fiction on top.

I promise you, they have no inside line to operations shipments lol. They are at the bottom of the pile, no one is telling them anything, and they probably wouldn't have paid attention if they did.

eharris55

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Well my experience is different. I worked at Radio Shack in college that mainly focused on mobile handsets. There was overwhelming incentive to sell smart phones with data plans and family plans. you could easily make $50 in 20 mins if you sold a smart phones with a medium tier data plan and accessories.

Carrier reps would encourage us to up-sell give commission specials for new devices an as much info as we needed on the latest devices. If you wanted to take home a hefty paycheck you knew what were hot devices and what gives you the highest commission.

This may be different now, but I think store reps would be more knowledgeable.

PaulSancheezzee

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I just got off the phone with a CSR at AT&T. I was able to successfully order a cyan 920 /w a cyan wireless plate for free (she said she couldn't find the black in their database so she just picked cyan to match :D ), at the total price of $139 (tax included). It was a bit of a fiasco for me and spoke to 2 prior reps before encountering this helpful one. I attempted to pre-order last night but the price was showing up as $199.99 and wasn't crediting me for the wireless plate.

I guess it's hit & miss with the online orders going through. One friend of mine had no issues ordering his cyan 920 online; another couldn't check out. FWIW, calling in and hoping for a 'good' csr is your best bet.

Good luck to everyone!

barg4barg

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I just got off the phone with a CSR at AT&T. I was able to successfully order a cyan 920 /w a cyan wireless plate for free (she said she couldn't find the black in their database so she just picked cyan to match :D ), at the total price of $139 (tax included). It was a bit of a fiasco for me and spoke to 2 prior reps before encountering this helpful one. I attempted to pre-order last night but the price was showing up as $199.99 and wasn't crediting me for the wireless plate.

I guess it's hit & miss with the online orders going through. One friend of mine had no issues ordering his cyan 920 online; another couldn't check out. FWIW, calling in and hoping for a 'good' csr is your best bet.

Good luck to everyone!
Guys you have some problems while expecting your nokia 920 to arrive.
I've already got my lumia 920 here in Russia for 800$ officially (white color)

GREAT PHONE

BUT

BAD BATTERY.

TODAY MY BATTERY DIED IN 7 HOURS!!!! NOW MY SWEET LUMIA 920 IS LAYING IN FRONT OF ME WITH ALL THE CONNECTIVITY SWITCHED OFF AND LOSES JUICE WITH THE FRIGHTENING PACE OF 9%/HOUR

NOKIA GUYS, WHAT TO DO?

soft version 1.0.202041.3
micros. SOC: 8960

Guys, could you share your experience of lumia 920 battery life?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes