Tips for Picking a Color

p.jgordon

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I know that just like me some of you might be having some trouble deciding which color to pick for your new Lumias. I did some searching around and found a useful diagram to help steer you in the right direction.

Its interesting to see if something as simple as the color of your phone might have an impact on the way you are perceived in your business fields. In other words, if you are paramedic or a doctor, it might not suit you to pick yourself a red Lumia as it could set some alarms in your patient's subconscious.

true-colors1.png

Source link: True Colors: What Your Brand Colors Say About Your Business [Infographic] - B2B Marketing

Gken

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
haha wow thanks for this, but I'm still getting the white one. Just in case your wondering I work in the legal field.

anon(361265)

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I know that just like me some of you might be having some trouble deciding which color to pick for your new Lumias. I did some searching around and found a useful diagram to help steer you in the right direction.

Its interesting to see if something as simple as the color of your phone might have an impact on the way you are perceived in your business fields. In other words, if you are paramedic or a doctor, it might not suit you to pick yourself a red Lumia as it could set some alarms in your patient's subconscious.

Click to view quoted image

Source link: True Colors: What Your Brand Colors Say About Your Business [Infographic] - B2B Marketing
You Sir, just won the internet.

rajkumr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
To me it's not about color, but about matte vs glossy. Nokia's matte is wonderful to the touch.

I am in the same thinking! Coming from a black iPhone 4S, want a red lumia 920, but prefer the matte finish, and only black matte is available here in the UAE.

prowade

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I really want a red or yellow Lumia. I have the cyan 900 currently and I love it but I want something new. The gloss vs matte is also a big deal because i favor the matter.

I also want a phone color that will match my tiles well....

vp710

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
The more I see the yellow, the more I want it. Cyan will be the back up plan if the glossy finish feels cheap. (I'm a musician)

ChiefOBrien

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I have a white Lumia 900 so I really don't want to go that route again (although I'm tempted).

The yellow is sexy to me, but if the red is activating pituitary glands, that may be an unexpected benefit. :)

p.jgordon

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I have a white Lumia 900 so I really don't want to go that route again (although I'm tempted).

The yellow is sexy to me, but if the red is activating pituitary glands, that may be an unexpected benefit. :)

There's a reason red is the color of choice for most lipsticks, nails, lingerie etc....On the other hand, red can imply negative things if you are an accountant or a financial analyst.

I think color is going to play an important role if enterprises are going to issue Lumias for their employees; especially with Microsoft pushing all its business features.

Something else to think about is how different cultures perceive colors. For example:

White
Japan: White carnation symbolizes death
Eastern: Funerals
Western: Brides, angels, good guys, hospitals, doctors, peace (white dove)

Color Symbolism Chart by Culture

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leliawindler