[poll] Lumia 920 customer satisfaction

ccube1

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
Congratulate to the early owners of lumia 920. (too bad i am still waiting it to be lauched in asia :blush:)
How do you feel about this phone ? Does it justify the long wait and are you
Satisfied with what you got?

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Haven't picked mine up yet, because they didn't have red in store, but will pick mine up from FedEx in a few hours. I can't sleep. Lol.

I am already satisfied. I have a 900 and played with the 920 in store.

downhillrider

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
1 full day and im pretty satisfied with mine. the vibrating sound will take a while to get used to. it goes nicely with my surface. apps apps apps...

ccube1

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
1 full day and im pretty satisfied with mine. the vibrating sound will take a while to get used to. it goes nicely with my surface. apps apps apps...

Are you the previous wp owner? Was thinking if coming from other platform may have more distinct requirement and hence might complain more.:p

ALpHa.Q.RoUgH

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Just picked mine up about 2 hours ago. So far I like it. Coming from an HTC Titan so overall this Nokia experience will be new. I'm missing some of my favorite apps from WP7 (Beem, Adobe Reader) but other than that good. The vibration is weird but I don't care about how it sounds I like how it feels, and I got the phone in White. I thought you could get black tiles with the white phone?

Bkr11

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
I like it. Unfortunately I may have to go back to iPhone due to lack of good for enterprise

I really hope Good takes care of this soon - I was close to buying on the expectation that Good's WP7 app would work, but fortunately somebody replied and corrected me. MSFT really needs to lean on Good to get that app out!

ccube1

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
I really hope Good takes care of this soon - I was close to buying on the expectation that Good's WP7 app would work, but fortunately somebody replied and corrected me. MSFT really needs to lean on Good to get that app out!
What is 'good' for ? seems like important to you, but thunk for me i never used this app

Bkr11

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
What is 'good' for ? seems like important to you, but thunk for me i never used this app

Enterprise email. BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) is increasingly popular in the enterprise (companies), but the basic security in iOS, Android and Windows Phone isn't sufficient. Good creates a secure platform that, as I understand it, essentially isolates the email functionality that it brings from the rest of the operating system, creating a truly secure email platform. The app doesn't work on its own - you need your company to be running it server side as well (plus you need to pay extra $$ to your carrier for the "enterprise" data package). See the following link if you actually care...

Enterprise Mobile Device Management | Mobile Security | Good

ccube1

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
Enterprise email. BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) is increasingly popular in the enterprise (companies), but the basic security in iOS, Android and Windows Phone isn't sufficient. Good creates a secure platform that, as I understand it, essentially isolates the email functionality that it brings from the rest of the operating system, creating a truly secure email platform. The app doesn't work on its own - you need your company to be running it server side as well (plus you need to pay extra $$ to your carrier for the "enterprise" data package). See the following link if you actually care...

Enterprise Mobile Device Management | Mobile Security | Good

Thanks for the information. I am thinking with msoffice in wp and bringing msoffice to other platform soon. I am thinking the future is still with outlook & msoffice most likely.

zipro

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, I can see how people who previous owned WP devices like WP 8 a lot. Even if you switched from iOS, you'll probably really like it. However, if you, like me, came over from Android, it may be a different situation. I bought the Lumia because it's the only LTE device available here for the launch of the new 4G network in December.

For me, it's the most schizophrenic device I've ever seen:

- great (even excellent) hardware
- the best camera I've ever seen in a mobile phone
- excellent screen.
- heavy. I complained about this in other threads, but now I've gotten used to the weight and I actually like the heft.

However:

- I've been feeling like I'm wearing a straight-jacket ever since I started using WP8. What this OS does, it does well. However, it does VERY LITTLE. Except for moving colorful little blocks, I can't customize it whatsoever. I just fail to see what Microsoft mean by "personalization" in this context. Having the Whatsapp icon in the top right rather than in the bottom left corner isn't exactly my idea of a "personal" homescreen.

I'm not one of those Android users who installs custom ROMs etc, but after installing 20 apps on the Lumia, the whole device is a mess. The homescreen is a mess, and don't even get me started on the apps list.

So yes, I'll be selling mine, even though that means that I'll lose LTE functionality. I'll definitely check out WP8 again in a year or so - perhaps by then, Microsoft has found a way to organize apps on the OS and maybe they'll also have introduced a notification system and VPN by then.

I know that this is going to strike a nerve with you guys - but I just don't see how Microsoft is going to gain market-share with the OS as it presents itself right now. I have the feeling that a year from now, Nokia will be gone (or will have been eaten by Samsung, HTC, or even Microsoft itself) and WP8 will still be at 0.5% market-share.

Last edited:

devize

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I know that this is going to strike a nerve with you guys - but I just don't see how Microsoft is going to gain market-share with the OS as it presents itself right now. I have the feeling that a year from now, Nokia will be gone (or will have been eaten by Samsung, HTC, or even Microsoft itself) and WP8 will still be at 0.5% market-share.

Not everyone shares your opinion though. Just because you prefer android doesn't mean everyone else will. I'm an android user and I can't wait to get the L920. While you think the WP8 homescreen is a mess, I think the android one is - widgets, icons of all different shapes and sizes says messy to me. I don't see what's wrong with the app launcher either. I've flashed countless ROMs and have never been satisfied with how my phone works and looks. There are nice things you can do with an android that you can't with WP8, but for an OS that just 'works' it is great. Power android users will never be happy with WP8. Just going from the hype around these phones I can't see how you can say that WP8 and Nokia won't be improving on their market share.

PBNkapamilya

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I've been feeling like I'm wearing a straight-jacket ever since I started using WP8. What this OS does, it does well. However, it does VERY LITTLE. Except for moving colorful little blocks, I can't customize it whatsoever. I just fail to see what Microsoft mean by "personalization" in this context. Having the Whatsapp icon in the top right rather than in the bottom left corner isn't exactly my idea of a "personal" homescreen.

I'm not one of those Android users who installs custom ROMs etc, but after installing 20 apps on the Lumia, the whole device is a mess. The homescreen is a mess, and don't even get me started on the apps list.

....Just admit that you don't know how to customize your home screen. We're willing to help, you know ;)

zipro

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Not everyone shares your opinion though. Just because you prefer android doesn't mean everyone else will. I'm an android user and I can't wait to get the L920. While you think the WP8 homescreen is a mess, I think the android one is - widgets, icons of all different shapes and sizes says messy to me. I don't see what's wrong with the app launcher either. I've flashed countless ROMs and have never been satisfied with how my phone works and looks. There are nice things you can do with an android that you can't with WP8, but for an OS that just 'works' it is great. Power android users will never be happy with WP8. Just going from the hype around these phones I can't see how you can say that WP8 and Nokia won't be improving on their market share.

I sure hope not everybody shares my opinion - competition will do Google and Apple good.
I was really looking forward to getting the L920 as well. Have you ever used a WP8 phone before? I had no idea about WP, so I didn't have any idea what I was buying.

I don't think there's such a thing as the "ideal phone" - but there are some that are closer and others that are further away from being "ideal". I'd have to say, WP8 goes in the latter category. Again, the hardware is awesome.

As for the hype: it was exactly the same with WP7 and yet nobody bought the hardware after an intial phase of general enthusiasm. I just know that here in Switzerland, the phones don't sell at all. The 8X is in stock everywhere and on our leading auction platform, there are lots and lots of 8X just two days after they became generally available. Prices went down 100-150 bucks already (CHF vs. USD is 1:1).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb