Battery Drain Rate - Abnormal?

MPGriffith

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone. First post here. I'm new to WP8 and Lumia products; picked up a white 920 yesterday and I'm trying to learn the ropes still. I just wanted to see if the rate of battery drain that is taking place with my usage is normal.

I had a fully charged phone @ 10am this morning and I suppose I used it fairly aggressively for the past two hours but I really didn't expect to go from 100% battery to 5% so quickly. Should I chalk this up to the fact that I downloaded a few apps over Wi-Fi?

One of, but not the primary, reason I switched to the 920 was the 2000mAh battery. My two year old 4S, with original battery, performed significantly better than this.

litchblade#IM

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I can tell you that downloading apps the whole time is really bad for the battery, when you're on LTE even more. LTE needs a lot of battery, so if you disable LTE and 3G you get better results. As far as I know until now the battery is better than my iPhone 4 battery...

MPGriffith

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Ah. I had forgotten that batteries perform best when cycled often. According to the data in some settings menu I was in, the phone hadn't been charged for 69 days. Also it was sitting down around 20% out of the box.

Hopefully the performance improves; I really hate carrying chargers with me everywhere I go.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes