My L920 camera vs my mates SGS3 camera?

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Amazing low light performance which is still not better than SGS3.

I compared my pics to a SGS3 in all kind of scenarios, high light, low light and no light without flash and i was deeply disappointed.

I've had windows phones since the early days so please don't think im trolling or over exaggerating!!

I'm experiencing excellent, almost unbelievable, low light performance without needing flash.

I really have no idea what is causing your issues. I was at a wedding reception last night, and there was low light and a dance floor. I filmed video and took pictures. People with various new Android and Apple devices were literally in awe with jaws dropped looking at what it could do.

In low light, it even out performed many stock DSLR cameras.

eortizr

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Nokia never fixed the issue on the 900. How can anybody think. It will be fixed on the 920.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

anon(5355319)

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
You obviously do not have a 920, or you would not be saying that. When you take a photo with the 920 you actually watch the capture on the screen magically go from a beautiful perfectly detailed raw image into a much softer jpeg image. It's painfully obvious that it is just a software issue, as you can clearly see what the camera is capable of right before the conversion.

I've made the switch from the iPhone 4s, and I am completely satisfied with this camera. The first thing I did was compare the two, and it definitely outperforms in most scenarios.

Here's one of the shots I've taken and edited with fhotoroom.
https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=B444214FAF0878AF!142
These are gorgeous!

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Nokia never fixed the issue on the 900. How can anybody think. It will be fixed on the 920.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Nokia did roll out a fix that significantly improved the 900's camera. It wasn't up to iPhone levels, but it was a real improvement from what it was before the fix.

Winfonejunkie

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Amazing low light performance which is still not better than SGS3.

I compared my pics to a SGS3 in all kind of scenarios, high light, low light and no light without flash and i was deeply disappointed.

I've had windows phones since the early days so please don't think im trolling or over exaggerating!!

Hey moron! Sell your Lumia (assuming you own one) and get a SGSIII already. Your ranting and raving is getting freaking ridiculous.

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Hey moron! Sell your Lumia (assuming you own one) and get a SGSIII already. Your ranting and raving is getting freaking ridiculous.

Let's not go there. There is enough of that crap in the iOS forums. Let's try to be objective. The camera, out of the box, isn't as good as the hype lead us to believe, IMO. Just relax and enjoy a civilized discussion.

chuck232

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
It seems like there are two categories of photo "quality" that is being discussed here. First off, in low-light, the optical image stabilization does a wonderful job, eliminating camera shake to a great degree. That results in sharper photos and/or ability to capture more light.

However, despite that, it does appear that the photos captured are soft, bordering on out of focus. In bright light where a very fast shutter speed is used (OIS isn't impacting image quality much, if at all in these situations), details are still lost. I don't know if this is a general issue or isolated to a few, bad hardware samples. I notice it on my 920, for example, and a couple reviews have also mentioned it.

Hopefully, this is nothing a software fix can't eliminate.

Sonia213

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Im not making stuff up to bash Nokia but this is the second time I've been disappointed! Firstly with 900 now 920.

When we wait for so long for a phone that has had the worst launch ever and then we pay a a hefty fee of ?450 for a sim free (wtf still locked) then i have a right to express my feelings towards Nokia.

Someone needs to get a wet fish and slap it across S.Elop's face so that he wakes the fuk up and stop BSing the consumers!!

I agree with you i don't like Nokia mobile..

Canon Camera

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital