Cant get Kindle app to open.

csiguy1

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded the app from the MS store. It loaded, I was able to register, then download a couple of books and then I closed the app. it would not reopen. Any suggestions? PS I have redownloaded the app 3 times and still does the same thing.

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded the app from the MS store. It loaded, I was able to register, then download a couple of books and then I closed the app. it would not reopen. Any suggestions? PS I have redownloaded the app 3 times and still does the same thing.

What do you mean by it won't reopen? Do you mean it crashes as soon as it opens?

Try rebooting the phone too.

There was mention of the Kindle app in this thread as well: http://forums.windowscentral.com/lumia-920/201757.htm

csiguy1

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
I have rebooted and same thing happens. When I tap the Kindle Icon on the home screen, it makes a circle and then just goes back to its original position. The program does not open.

mbmullins76

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
The reviews of the app are saying the same thing. It was a good app in my l900. Hope they fix soon.

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Board Express

Okcbikeguy

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
kindle app fails for me also

Exact same scenario. I get to do initial setup, download books, but as soon as an attempt is made to open a downloaded book the app closes out. Subsequent attempts immediately close. Multiple installs and restarts have not resolved this. Kindle has a definite problem with phone 8.

Meagan Bentley

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
When I try to open my Kindle app it brings up the splash screen and then immediately kicks me out of the app and back to the Home Screen. I hope they update this soon, it can be frustrating, especially for heavy Kindle users.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon