Bug/defect checklist for new and future Lumia 920 owners

sundawg#WP

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Not sure how the speech settings would have anything to do with playback of music through an aux jack, or headphones for that matter. But I turned mine to "always on" from day one as I like to hear my texts read to me whether I am in the car or at my desk. So losing my messages read aloud via the phone speaker is not a good option for me.

slysy

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
The 3 capacitive buttons on my white Lumia 920 do not light up any more. They did for about the first hour of use, and would occasionally blip on for the lock screen, but now they do not. A reset did not resolve the issue, which makes me think this is a hardware problem.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

They only light up if it's dark where you are using it. Have you tried in a dark room?

prissysox

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
The only issue I have had is the other day I was talking over bluetooth. My call was disconnected. While trying to dial out I also had an incoming call. My phone froze. I had to hold down the power, volume and camera button to get it to reset.

Creeto

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: Bug/defect checklist for new and future Lumia owners

What about no Flash Player support in WP8 IE10??? Now I can't watch my Dish Network/Slingbox on this phone! Crap!

New (Yesterday) Nokia Lumia 822
Old Samsung Droid Charge( had to charge it constantly so
I guess they named it right!)

Try an app called FlashVideo, You can put whatever website that uses flash and it converts it to play. Its not full flash player but most sites work.

freddywayne

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
My red Lumia 920 that I'd purchased at AT&T at launch on Nov 9, had a buzzing and unclear sound from the ear speaker while on a phone call. Basically, a blown speaker and my last chance at trying to give this phone a try. In addition to the buzzing in the ear & not being able to make out the words of the caller on the other end, my phone had extreme overHEAT issues, battery would only last 2 to 3 hours of a charge from 99% (never could reach 100%), sporadic capacitive light indicators, battery discharging while at idle and speaker volume & screen brightness would randomly reduce themselves. Well...to make a long story short, if anyone is having these issues, then you have a DEFECTIVE Lumia 920. Period! I returned my unit yesterday for an exchanged and it has been like night & day! Wow! What a difference a fully functional phone makes! After letting the battery drain & fully recharging, I surfed the web, non stop for 7 to 8 hours and had 32% battery life left before I went to bed. I woke up this morning and still had the remaining 32% left too. Also, no more heat issues either. I now LOVE MY LUMIA 920!

antiquegamer

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Xbox Music is complete utter crap. It's like 10 step back from Zune ... the new sync software is just a drag and drop app not really a sync software. I went back to use Windows Media Player.

You won't get better result with Surface.

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I was commenting on a picture using the Facebook app and my phone locked up for about 2 minutes then restarted. After it restarted everything seemed fine but I wasn't able to put the phone on standby by pressing the power button.i had to turn it off and when I did it wouldn't turn back on for like 5 minutes buy now its ok. Thank god I have a replacement on the way that was being sent to replace this one because of my 3 hr lasting battery

Likwidz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
My red Lumina 920 died last night (could not be woken up with power button). I had to look up how to hard reset the phone, might be useful for this forum. Hold volume down + power button + camera button until the phone vibrates. Release the power button but continue to hold volume down + camera button for a few more seconds. This worked for me also I have the quick battery drain problem I'm looking into.

Just had a similar thing happen to my 920. Battery at about half capacity, but would not turn on at all. I received a text and that seemed to flip the phone back to normal status. Thanks for the hard reset info, if it happens again I'll try it.

sleewok

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I noticed this flex issue at the top of the device on a Cyan one I was buying at the Oakbrook MS Store. As the girl was setting up my account I noticed it and called it to her attention, she swapped the device out for a different one that doesn't have this issue.

You weren't the only one, personally I'd exchange it.
My black one does this too. And I have what looks like a fingerprint (cloudiness) on the insidesurrounding the earpiece.

I had flexing on the top of my white one. I swapped it today.

David Marvin

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I was playing Words with Friends (the app not the Facebook version). The phone just locked up when I was submitting a message. None of the buttons worked, the screen was just frozen. A few minutes later, the phone rebooted and everything seems fine now. Hmmmmm. :mad:

sleewok

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I tried taking a picture today and the whole screen was green. Same when I tried taking a video or using the front facing camera. Exited the camera app and tried again, to no avail. I ended up rebooting the phone and that fixed it.

edit: now that I think about it, I installed skype last night. Could be a bug with Skype.

It has nothing to do with Skype. I have never installed Skype on my phone and I had this issue after using the Nokia Drive for about an hour. After we had arrived at our destination we walked around a bit and then I went to take a picture. Bam, the screen was green. Reboot fixed it.

I'll be traveling again in a couple days and I'll see if I have problems.

Creeto

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
White colors appearing "greyish"
It seems whites aren't quite as vivid on the display as they were on the Lumia 900 for instance, and have a slightly greyish hue to them. This doesn't appear to be a defect, just how the phone is. Some don't even notice. This isn't something that will be fixed by exchanging your device, so hold onto your Lumia 920 if you have no other issues.

Anyone experience this?

wpward291

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
i have only experince one issue on both my 920 and my girls. If your in the middle of a call and you respond to a text or take a picture pretty much do anything with the phone for more than a minute while talking on it. i notice the screen will not go into standby no matter if you hit power button or put it to your ear. the only way to solve it is to do a reset on the phone anyone else experience this.

Ammar Alhebshi

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
My device was working perfectly, until two days ago the power button suddenly stops working. This prevented me from shutting down the screen no matter how much i push the button. The fix for that for sure is doing a reset, so i guess it is a software issue. Did anyone face this problem ?

Ammar Alhebshi

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
i have only experince one issue on both my 920 and my girls. If your in the middle of a call and you respond to a text or take a picture pretty much do anything with the phone for more than a minute while talking on it. i notice the screen will not go into standby no matter if you hit power button or put it to your ear. the only way to solve it is to do a reset on the phone anyone else experience this.

Yes me ! i wrote my post beneath yours and just realized you have same issue. It happens suddenly for me though without being on the phone . What is weird that the problem just popped up !. It is making me thing what app or what did I installed that might caused the problem. Today, it happend to me after I used the Fidme app, I couldn't shutdown the screen after that. What do you think caused the problem to ur 920 ?

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I am having a problem with the wifi. My Lumia crashes my home wifi network. So does my buddy's 920. I have tried changing the channel and security but nothing helps. Sucks not being able to use wifi on the 920.

Upgrade your wireless router's firmware. My guess is that the DHCP service is crashing on it. I've seen this happen with LOTS of home routers and newer devices.

One bug I hope they fix SOON is the grey screen issue, Coming from the L900 screen looks off dark/dull. I know 900 is amoled, but I thought whites would look better on l920. Things just look washed out. I compared it to other L920s at the att store and those look much better. I swapped but still have the same issue on the matte black, perhaps a bad batch. Is there anyone else having this issue ? I really love this phone bug it bugs me ? Maybe its just the color temp ?

Turn off auto-adjust brightness and set it on Medium... should be able to enjoy brighter display with minimal battery impact.

wpward291

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes me ! i wrote my post beneath yours and just realized you have same issue. It happens suddenly for me though without being on the phone . What is weird that the problem just popped up !. It is making me thing what app or what did I installed that might caused the problem. Today, it happend to me after I used the Fidme app, I couldn't shutdown the screen after that. What do you think caused the problem to ur 920 ?

I exchanged my 920 for a white one today did not install any new apps. cant say for sure why. whats weird is when i replicated the issue on my girls phone then just tried it again and it didnt freeze i asked her what she changed and she said she uninstalled skype. so i installed it. once installed i was able to replicate issue. must note though i dont have skype installed and mine still does it. not sure its an app more of a bug im sure nokia or microsoft can fix.

dvdhills

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I can not subscribe to podcasts over the wifi. I go to the podcast store, pick a podcast, click subscribe, click confirm and get sent back to the subscribe screen. I have tried 3 different wifi networks and played with all the settings. Apps are no problem to download. Not sure if this is a Lumia 920 issue or a Marketplace issue. Did call Lumia support and they said they could not answer and would call back in 24 hours. That was 2 days ago. This would not be a big issue if the syncing of podcasts with Windows 7 worked in any way.

txdotjim

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I found a bug with my L920. I use Oticon hearing aids with the bluetooth Streamer v1.4. I have found that when the streamer is connected, the video playback is like watching extreme slow-motion video. If I wish to watch any video, I have to disconnect my streamer from the L920. I'm on my third L920 in just over a week. The second phone had bluetooth issues. It would connect to my streamer but I was unable to place or receive any calls through it. ATT replaced it with my current phone that works flawlessly.I love the phone and now that I realize what was causing the video slowdown, I'm all good.
Hopefully, Nokia or MS will put out an update to address some of these issues in the near future.

Jeffrey Smith

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
My lumia 920 has just had the power and camera button stop functioning at all. so i cant unlock my phone unless i plug a charger in or out. so annoying shall be retuning it today for an exchange. other than that its an awesome phone that i havent had one other problem withn within this week of ownership :). but if anyone has a fix for this problem before i retun it in the next few hours i will be grateful. ive tried a reset from within the phone software cant do a hard reset as the buttons dont function. they feel fine. the camera button still double clicks. cheers Jeff

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes