Microsoft FINALLY issues a fix for this extremely annoying File Explorer bug after 'just' 15 months

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site

RobM

Dec 22, 2023
Visit site
This must have been situational. Of the multiple installs we run here and off all those I support I have not heard of this bug once until reading this.

ianjessome

Dec 24, 2023
Visit site
Microsoft issued a fix for an annoying Windows 11 bug that was affecting the File Explorer, causing it to pop up at the front of your screen at random intervals without launching it. The issue was first reported by users last year when the Windows 11 Moment 2 update dropped., but it has since been resolved via December's cumulative update after 15 months of waiting.

Microsoft FINALLY issues a fix for this extremely annoying File Explorer bug after 'just' 15 months : Read more
Hi Folks. This is a PSA. I have had a problem with a service inside of Microsoft Windows since version 7. The default behavior of Windows since 10 is that "SysMain" will steal control of the system to "optimize" windows. It is hidden away under Taskman services tab. Open services. Choose SysMain. right click it, choose open services. Go down to SysMain. Right click it. Choose properties. Change startup value to disabled. Choose stop this service. Do this at your own risk. I have been using this technique since I discovered it many moons ago. Worst case scenario is that it does nothing for you. Best case scenario is your computer gets a new lease on life. In any case, expect Windows to change the value back when it decides to update itself.

• Haha
Reactions: RobM

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria