Lock screen Facebook pics not change?

Iamdunne

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
New to Windows phone (well had a lumia 900 for a couple days). I configured my lock screen to where it shows my Facebook albums and I thought the pictures were supposed to change, am I wrong? In either setting the collage or one large photo my photo has stayed the same.

Orange_Tang

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
New to Windows phone (well had a lumia 900 for a couple days). I configured my lock screen to where it shows my Facebook albums and I thought the pictures were supposed to change, am I wrong? In either setting the collage or one large photo my photo has stayed the same.

If you go into the facebook app and drag up the menu on the bottom of the screen you will see an option for "Lock Screen Settings" That is where you will pick your options for the lock screen picture stuff. I have yet to test it so let us know if that gets it working for you.

Iamdunne

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
If you go into the facebook app and drag up the menu on the bottom of the screen you will see an option for "Lock Screen Settings" That is where you will pick your options for the lock screen picture stuff. I have yet to test it so let us know if that gets it working for you.

I already have it set up on lock screen but picture isn't changing.

SoPuAtZ

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Mine was doing the same thing for a while. Turns out there was an error in the accounts setting for Facebook and it wasn't connecting properly. Try going into settings<email+accounts and check that Facebook is connecting properly.

Iamdunne

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Mine was doing the same thing for a while. Turns out there was an error in the accounts setting for Facebook and it wasn't connecting properly. Try going into settings<email+accounts and check that Facebook is connecting properly.

I went into those settings and what am I looking for there? There was no error message listed under Facebook if that's what I was to look for?

Last edited:

dacunto

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Mine doesn't seem to change either. And when I Check background and tasks, facebook is set to "block" with no way to turn it back on......not sure if that has anything to do with it/.

netsatwork

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Mine changes, but not very often. I tried doing the custom settings and deselecting a few of the albums and that got the image to change, but it still seems to sit on the same image for too long. I have hundreds of pics for the app to choose from, so I kind of expect to not see the same one all day.

Guruphil

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Same boat here, if you go into the lock screen settings (in the FB app) and then hit the tick at the bottom it sometimes changes, but other than that not at all.

That said, the Live Tile for Facebook is pretty shoddy as well. Curses.

What a real pity. :( I'd love to set up a folder either on the phone or on FB specifically for lockscreen pics and have it change every time I unlock the phone. Bleh.

Dan Tejsner

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Its funny..

I tried the same thing.. Went to deselect a few albums from my facebook setting, and then nothing..

before when I had all albums, it switched between all my facebook pictures just fine, but once I deselected a few albums, it now just shows a black background.

I now use Bing instead, at least its some great pics..

Ben Jenkins

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I've found that it just doesn't do very good job of choosing pictures. Seems like the same 5-10 keep rotating, though I have 100s of pictures available.

philpeeps

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I've found that it just doesn't do very good job of choosing pictures. Seems like the same 5-10 keep rotating, though I have 100s of pictures available.
that was my experience. It even kept using some that I had removed. Switched to Bing. Wating for an update to Paper Shuffle to use photos I have marked as Favorites on my phone...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital