Super Slow Wired Charging

garbanian

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
So I'm not using the official 920 charger, but I am using the lumia 900 charger, and my battery has charged 7% in an hour and a half. :(
Anyone have this issue?

anon(5339110)

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
So I'm not using the official 920 charger, but I am using the lumia 900 charger, and my battery has charged 7% in an hour and a half. :(
Anyone have this issue?

Sounds too slow, but fwiw, the Lumia 900 wall charger has a max output of 1.0 amps. The Lumia 920 wall charger has a max output of 1.3 amps. And for reference, I just checked a Blackberry 9800 Torch wall charger, and it has a max output of .750 amps.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
Anyone have this issue?

The Lumia 900 charger is rated for 1.0A.

The Lumia 920 charger is rated for 1.3A.

So yeah, you're not going to get as fast a charge with the 900 charger.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
It also depends on how much the phone is doing at the time. If you're doing things that cause a lot of power draw, it's going to take a lot of that power just to keep battery level the same.

garbanian

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
It also depends on how much the phone is doing at the time. If you're doing things that cause a lot of power draw, it's going to take a lot of that power just to keep battery level the same.

It was charging on standby.
I napped.
Turned off that Nokia drive beta thing too only have location and data, one email on ad they come in and one as every half hour and daily.

Shauren

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I also noticed my Lumia 920 charges very slowly using a non-Lumia charger. However, I switched it to the wired charger supplied with the phone and it charges up in a couple of hours or so.

I don't think it is related to the power output difference as it is only fraction of the total output. Incidentally, I have to charge my Asus Transformer with the power charger supplied. If I use its USB cable with another power supply (AC or battery), it does not charge at all. Fortunately my Asus stays at home so it is not really a problem (until the supply breaks). However, this will be a problem with the Lumia if I can't charge it on the move.

Sinabu

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I was having issues but I was using a USB Extension cable. They never make the cables long enough. I took it off the extension and used just the supplied wires and plug and it charges up pretty quickl

s0briquet

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I have the same exact problem - my phone seems to charge incredibly slow (although faster than yours) 18% in one hour....? over five hours to charge the battery which subsequently won't last 5 hours of usage? something is wrong

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
If it's plugged in through a regular USB or will charge slow. But it should be faster with a wall charger, unless for some reason it thinks it's USB.

kebnt

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Maybe I have different expectations for what is considered fast, but my 920 seems to charge slowly even through the wall charger. I'll have to monitor it again, but I feel I get only about 20% charge per hour on standby in the wall charger.

s0briquet

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Just spent exactly one more hour charging using the included charger (with no apps running phone off entire time) and made exactly 18% again (from 0 to 18 in the first hour, and 18 to 36 in the second)
I am desperately hoping that this is a 'breaking in the battery issue' because for a phone to take longer to charge than it lasts is totally unacceptable

CamiKitti

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I have a power strip which I use for the two lamps. I use the factory charger on it, and it charges fast for me, but I don't always run my phone down to 0%.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon