Hi,
    Just received the following email, may interest some of you

Dear shaun,

Hi,

We are pleased to let you know that we will be receiving stock of the SIM-free Nokia Lumia 920 White tomorrow.

Stock will be limited, so please place an order ASAP if you would like to receive one at the earliest possible opportunity. We will begin shipping out orders tomorrow once stock has arrived.

Please visit the following link to place an order for the Lumia 920.

Buy Nokia Lumia 920 | Nokia Lumia Smartphones | Nokia Lumia 920 Accessories

Kind Regards

The Clove Technology Sales Team.
    11-12-2012 05:52 AM
    Ordered and cancelled my cyberport one too.
    11-12-2012 06:02 AM
    Was really excited to receive the email from them, but then after checking out it on their site they're charging 520 incl VAT. That's an insane amount of money when others are charging 470 incl VAT (admittedly locked). At least with the latter you get a wireless charging plate and a colour of your choice. Any subsequent unlocking service would probably charge in the realm of 30-50 when they get round to unlocking the device (which inevitably they will)

Think I'm going to hold out and stick with my Lumia 800. It frustrates me when I want to give someone my money for an item they are selling and they don't want to take my hard earned cache.

I'm heading to Singapore in December. I'll probably buy it out there. The regulators in Singapore require that phones are all sold unlocked, since it's anti-consumer to sell a locked phone. I wholeheartedly agree. If I buy a phone, I want to do what I want with that phone - I don't want to be controlled by the operator.

Ugh. Frustrating.
    11-12-2012 06:32 AM
    I thought everyone gets the charging plate, I think you just have to register on Nokia's site when they are ready for it.

http://nokiafreecharger.com/pages/holding
    11-12-2012 06:51 AM
    I thought everyone gets the charging plate, I think you just have to register on Nokia's site when they are ready for it.

Nokia Free Charger
    My understanding is that this is limited to P4U and EE purchased phones only. Apparently each of the P4U and EE boxes come with a sticker on them with a code. That code would be entered into the above site to get the wireless charging plate.

I've been keeping up with the overclockers.co.uk forum thread for the Lumia 920 (Google it). It's been a most useful source of information, and it's been mentioned several times over.
    11-12-2012 06:56 AM
    On the other thread it looked like this stock was fully unlocked but doesn't seem to be confirmed anywhere on Clove's site?
    11-12-2012 07:00 AM
    On the other thread it looked like this stock was fully unlocked but doesn't seem to be confirmed anywhere on Clove's site?
    SIM-Free Nokia Lumia 920 White arriving tomorrow says here it is. I've ordered one myself.
    rOIVAz likes this.
    11-12-2012 07:13 AM
    They confirmed it was unlocked on Twitter: https://twitter.com/clovetechnology/...72137179021312
    rOIVAz likes this.
    11-12-2012 07:14 AM
    Clove's pricing is based on the high-end hardware being both unlocked and available outside the EE bubble. Pricing for the top tier devices are generally expensive here in the UK (I forked out 550 for my Omnia 7 back in 2010) so this isn't unexpected. While expensive, you're not being tied to any contracts or carrier.
    11-12-2012 07:25 AM
    It is still cheaper than importing so it's not too bad.
    11-12-2012 08:07 AM
    I think ordering from amazon.de might be a little (~25-30) cheaper whenever it becomes available.
    11-12-2012 08:18 AM
    Makes the Nexus 4 look like a complete bargain. The lumia does not seem 240 better.

Besides, they will be much cheaper when EE loose exclusivity or bring out a 'better' variant on another network.
    11-12-2012 08:18 AM
    I really want to buy it, but not at that price.

Just been talking to a reseller and it seems EE deal is not an exclusive as such. EE just bought all the stock Nokia were offering, so when they have made more, we will see more in the country. The reseller thought they were be much more prevalent next month.

Im going to hold out till next month.
    11-12-2012 08:21 AM
    I had budgeted in the region of 480 so it's a little bit more than I'd like to have paid but I trust Clove more so than overseas sellers. I need to recycle my old WP7.5 phones too so that'll take the sting out of it, or at least that's what I keep telling myself!

"worst case someone will pay 700 for it on eBay...right? right?!"
    11-12-2012 08:23 AM
    Ordered from clove, phoned to confirm they will fulfil my order with their stock tomorrow. Should be delivered Wednesday. Cancelled cyberport order by email.

Finally this nightmare is over.
    rOIVAz likes this.
    11-12-2012 09:07 AM
    Ordered from clove, phoned to confirm they will fulfil my order with their stock tomorrow. Should be delivered Wednesday. Cancelled cyberport order by email.

Finally this nightmare is over.
    Nice, hopefully that means mine will be fulfilled tomorrow too. Went for UPS shipping - hurry up Wednesday!
    darquan likes this.
    11-12-2012 09:17 AM
    520 :'-(
    11-12-2012 09:31 AM
    Also cancelled my Amazon.de order and gone with Clove, here's hoping it shows up on wed :)
    11-12-2012 10:20 AM
    They tweeted nearly an hour ago: "it's arrived! #Lumia920" https://t.co/TxtZ4AxY

Hopefully receiving a shipping notification this afternoon :D
    11-13-2012 09:15 AM
    Just got a dispatched email :D
    rOIVAz likes this.
    11-13-2012 09:36 AM
    Me too! :D
    darquan likes this.
    11-13-2012 09:45 AM
    I really want to buy it, but not at that price.

Just been talking to a reseller and it seems EE deal is not an exclusive as such. EE just bought all the stock Nokia were offering, so when they have made more, we will see more in the country. The reseller thought they were be much more prevalent next month.

Im going to hold out till next month.
    That's encouraging and more in line with what I would expect on Nokias part...

..I'm really annoyed that I missed out on the Clove stock, but there was just no way I could justify more than 500 in the miniscule timescale the decision needed to be made. I'll leave my Amazon.de order open for now just in case, but I'm starting to doubt they'll come through :( Hopefully as the month goes on more will creep into the country...

On another note, is anyone else getting REALLY fed up with EE ads already? There are 5 EE billboards between the tube station and my office...funnily enough not a single one of them has a Lumia on - where on earth did EE get their advertising budget from?
    11-13-2012 02:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD