Decided NOT to return my Lumia 920 for an iPhone 5

TMavC5

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
As far as battery issue, i don't have this. When i first got the phone, i signed on and activate. Went in and hard reset and start signed in again. Check my battery status.

Attachments

• wp_ss_20121117_0002.jpg
    wp_ss_20121117_0002.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 11

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I dunno .. Maybe its just me but I find the iPhone 5 to be a pretty boring smartphone. It was kind of exciting for the first 3-4 days.. but I ran back to my 808/Symbian pretty quickly after that. Now it just sits in a drawer..

Maybe its because I've always been more impressed with the hardware side more so than with the software.. or in other words I need to be able to practically apply the hardware in my day to day activities, otherwise it doesn't make sense to me. The iphone 5 has impressive CPU/GPU specs.. but that does nothing for me on a daily basis. Yes.. I can play amazing games on it... great, but what else ? I can't find anything.

With the 920... typical for Nokia, there is A LOT of practical hardware that comes along. You can use the screen with gloves, the sound recording doesn't brake down when you are recording at a concert... you can be jumping around and recording at the same time and the video will stay relatively stable... that kind of thing is what gets me.. not ppi and whatever other benchmarks everyone talks about lately.

Also once you use Windows Phone .. its really hard to go back to the old icon based UX, it kind of feels like a step backwards. We've been dealing with the desktop like UX for over 15 years.. its time for something new.

Last edited:

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Thread cleaned- This is a warning to all of y'all, no more posts like the ones I deleted or else the thread will be closed again and infractions will be handed out.

abhishek8605

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
Surprising the replies some people have posted here. The OP actually posted what he didn't like and most of the were valid reasons. Not everyone is going to be in love with WP8, and sure there's a learning curve if you've never used it before, and if you're not willing to go through that, then get another phone.

I mean, the OP eventually gave WP8 a second chance. So people, get a life seriously. Some of you calling him an iPhone ****** and bashing him, well you know what that just makes you look like a WP8 ******.

I am still waiting for the Lumia 920 to launch in my country, hopefully I don't get one with major battery issues as they don't replace electronic goods here so easily like they do in the US.

Gken

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Yeah the wireless disconnect thing is very very annoying, I didn't have to wait for it like in WP7 why would they change it in WP8? I chewed through 200mbs in a day accidently because I didn't know it disconnected from wifi and I was on lte. Went to At&t and they obviously knew about it and eliminated the data used.

gilesjuk

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
iOS is just Android for dumb people who are easily confused want less functionality.

No it isn't. It is for people who want a quality phone with consistent design. Android is just a big free for all and there's no decent styleguide that anyone conforms to. It's okay if you're a geek who loves tinkering, but as a device you can just pick up and use the iPhone is better. It also has a very good camera. One of the best scores so far (I'm hoping the 920 comes out top, but they've not tested it yet):

Apple iPhone 5 Camera Review: Connect

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
No it isn't. It is for people who want a quality phone with consistent design. Android is just a big free for all and there's no decent styleguide that anyone conforms to. It's okay if you're a geek who loves tinkering, but as a device you can just pick up and use the iPhone is better. It also has a very good camera. One of the best scores so far (I'm hoping the 920 comes out top, but they've not tested it yet):

Apple iPhone 5 Camera Review: Connect
Wpcentral needs to run its own test using released products. http://www.windowscentral.com/nokia-takes-photo-challengers-against-lumia-920-pureview

thekonger

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Surprising the replies some people have posted here. The OP actually posted what he didn't like and most of the were valid reasons. Not everyone is going to be in love with WP8, and sure there's a learning curve if you've never used it before, and if you're not willing to go through that, then get another phone.

I mean, the OP eventually gave WP8 a second chance. So people, get a life seriously. Some of you calling him an iPhone ****** and bashing him, well you know what that just makes you look like a WP8 ******..

abhishek8605, there are definitely many WP8 fanboys in this forum. But that's okay, because it's a Window's Phone 8 forum. If you're a WP8 ****** this is the forum you're supposed to post in. I am one of the ones who flamed stiffler and I apologize to him for that. And thanks for changing the thread name stiffler.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon