New to wp8. Is this normal?

Darus214

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I just got my Lumia today and I just noticed that my calendar in month view shows some type of writing in another language. I'm not sure what it says...is that normal?

Oridus

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Yes it's norm. Windows phone in calendar view does not show the actual event on the calendar.... It just does that as a filler to show you that you have something scheduled on that day

glimited

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I had no idea what was going when I first saw that after trying to customize the calendar. I just ended up using a Google calendar app since I like being able to see what I have going on at a quick glance :)

Gken

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
lol i never noticed that before, wtf mine is like latin or something. Why not just make it the same as the appointment

DarronDS

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
LOL, too funny because today I had lunch with my younger brother, who's Lumia 900 is the reason I switched from iPhone to the 920. Anyway, I pointed this out to him and he wouldn't believe me, stating that "No, it tells you what the appointment is." When I showed him on my 920, he was able to actually make it out. "Wow, your screen is so sharp and clear, I see what you're talking about!"

Looks Latin to me. I'll have to look into this Google calendar app!

spop9

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Seriously? I have a 900 and I just assumed the resolution was too low to read it. Well that's kind of disappointing, but o well.

KoukiFC3S

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
LMAO!

iGI23.png

karmamule

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
If you want appointment info a glance, let the calendar app be the one to put detailed status on the lock screen and it is very convenient... That's what I'm doing and it works well for me.

vizagdude

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Well... Nice find. I did not notice it until you posted the screen shot. I just assumed that those words are my calendar appointments.

When I actually select the dates that have these wordings, the day view shows my actual appoints for that day. The days I don't have any appointments, that language doesn't show up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babukapyar