3 Problems: no mail client, error code when playing m4a, Lackluster web browser. HELP?!?!

Pete C

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I am obviously missing something. Bing search is supposed to find apps and the like?

Well, yes it does if you type the exact name of the app in there, but that's not really what I was referring to. It integrates search with your apps and the rest of the phone. So, let's say you search on a restaurant. You can swipe to the Local pivot to see local results of that restaurant in your area. Click on any one of those and you get their hours, phone number which you can click to call, their website, Drive option to launch navigation and set your route directly there, and some restaurants even have an OpenTable reservation which launches that app. Swipe to apps and you can deep link your search criteria into other apps like Yelp to get reviews or Nokia Transit to find subway or bus routes, etc.

What is really great about Bing on WP8 is how there is so much information baked right into the OS. It pulls all the information off the web and formats it in the style of the OS. You can get prices on items in the shopping tab, images in the media tab, or from the search screen you can swipe over and get trending news stories, local deals, movie times. It's all tied together much better than in Android and iOS. I think this makes life just much easier with this phone than others once you learn all it can do.

Orange_Tang

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed that when I go to play some of my podcasts it gives me that error, I am not sure what file format they are as they are downloaded through the music hub, but usually just clicking play a second time will fix the issue.

Digital Moe

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
1. Multiple inboxes: You can "link" ALL your email inboxes into one tile. Just click on the three dots to bring up settings and select link inboxes. From there you can choose which ones to display into one tile.

Thanks man this was driving me nuts and it is not really that intuitive but works a treat. Whats more this does what my iPhone couldn't this way i can link all my personal accounts but keep my work one separate.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Hmm...I thought it was impossible to be spoiled by something inferior. Bing search on WP7/8 blows away iPhone or Android's search capabilities in how it integrates the phone's functions. It's so much better in fact that it is one of the main reasons I prefer WP over its competitors. This is one that has me scratching my head.

EbvVR.gif

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers