Cannot create "family" group

Oridus

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
So i'm trying to create groups, and when I go into the groups portion, there were no groups in there. So I wanted to create one called family, but it says there's already one created. Anybody have any idea where this original family group is?

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
I know by default there is a room called Family Room, not sure if that is related, but I wouldn't think so. Do you have a contact called Family maybe that is some kind of distribution list?

steeleblue

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
So i'm trying to create groups, and when I go into the groups portion, there were no groups in there. So I wanted to create one called family, but it says there's already one created. Anybody have any idea where this original family group is?

Mine was already on my Home screen. I deleted it because it wouldn't accept my son's acceptance. So I then panicked and had to search on how to create a new one. So if you already have one then just pin it to the Home screen. Did you try that? Or you can rename it to something else and create a new one.

pvcleave

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
In WP7.5 there was a group already created called family and i just added my family to it. I cannot remember about WP8, but I do have one called family, but I cannot remember if it was already there in the people hub.

Oridus

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
u3emevat.jpg

This is all that is in there yet I cannot change the name to family.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk.

steeleblue

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
When you select the room scroll over to the Members page (left one page). Then touch the three dots to get to Settings. From there you can rename the room.

Oridus

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
At outlook.com when you go to People, select Manage then Manage Groups. Family in there?

There was a family in there but it still won't let me change my "FAM" group family after I deleted the one on outlook.com

Last edited:

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
It may take a little while to sync the deletion over to your phone before it recognizes that it's gone. maybe try in a hour and see? Not sure if that's how long it takes, but I have seen some contact updates take a little while if changed on the web site.

Oridus

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
It may take a little while to sync the deletion over to your phone before it recognizes that it's gone. maybe try in a hour and see? Not sure if that's how long it takes, but I have seen some contact updates take a little while if changed on the web site.
Will do. I'll report back in a few hours. Thanks for the help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babukapyar