Decisions Decisions Decisions?

blaze2555

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I am badly in need of new phone, but I?m still I?m stuck in on a contract with T-mobile. My ideal device would be a Lumia 920, but obtaining one seems to be complicated. I have 4 options:

• My first options is to pay the cancellation fee and move to at&t. I?m on a family plan with a good deal and going to at&t would cost me a considerable amount of money more every month.
  • The second option is to get the 920 unlocked, but those are hard to come by and are very expensive. I don?t want to pay $800+ for a phone.
  • The 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] option is to give up on the 920 and get the 810. I could get it for $549, but I?m not sure if I want get a subpar phone (especially the low screen resolution and the camera) when the much better phone is available for less at at&t.
  • The last option is to get an unlocked Nexus 4 directly from Google, which is $300. When the 920 is available unlocked or the next wave of wp 8 devices are released, I could sale the Nexus 4.

Option 3 and 4 seems to be the most sensible right now, but I don?t know which one to go for. Anyone has some input? Or some better ideas?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Have you considered getting a cheap used device for T-Mobile from Craigslist or eBay to use until your T-Mobile contract expires?

That's what I would probably do if my device broke and I still was in a contract.

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Get one from Rogers, buy an unlock for cheap or get one from Rogers. Rogers L920 supports T-Mobile bands. If you are hungry for a different color after that, you can probably find another 920 housing in different color.

crav4speed

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Have you considered an HTC 8X? It's available on T-Mobile and I would say is on par with the 920 and better than the 810 or the Nexus 4.

blaze2555

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Right now, I'm leaning towards the Nexus 4. At $299 its a heck of a deal. The lack of LTE doesn't really matter for me since t-mobile's LTE network isn't up and running yet. But I don't know if I want to go back to andriod. I had an evo 4g a while back, but I didn't like it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon