Next step: 920 camera

thekonger

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I've gotten a ton out of my 920 and want to explore the camera more. For a 8mp it seems like the pics are fuzzy, which people have reported is true. So any camera experts have advice on camera settings? I would love to get clearer pictures.

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
i need advice also. i cant seem to take good shots in the daytime or in low light/ night pictures. when my iphone all my pictures came out great except night shots. help help help

thekonger

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm not complaining, I just want advice on tweaks to make the pictures more clear; mine seem to be a bit soft.

To be honest, I have never used the camera on a phone much, but with my 920 I am as it's a pretty decent camera.

anon(5370748)

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I run all my Lumia photos through Lightroom to sharpen them up a bit, and sometimes add a bit of contrast or saturation. The Lumia's camera hardware is great (for a phone), but the processing software is pretty sad right now. I've read in a few places that they're working on fixing this. The software is what's responsible for correcting barrel distortion, chromatic abberations and changing the sharpening/contrast before baking it into a jpeg. You can fix them up a bit in post (Picasa, Lightroom, Aperture, or a few on the phone itself), but you won't be able to do anything really spectacular with them until they allow you to save the images uncompressed. Here are a few shots I took with my Lumia 920 that I ran through Lightroom:

04.jpg03.jpg121118.jpg121117.jpg

shahulvm

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes