So this is what Amazon has to say about the Yellow Lumia 920...

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
"This item is currently unavailable. Due to tremendous demand we're currently out of stock of this item and are unsure when more will be available."

Doesn't say backordered anymore. I signed up to get an email from Amazon when the Yellow is available.

This is fun...NOT!!!

LongLeggs

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Is any company ever ready for demand? This happens at every Iphone launch. My sister waited 4 weeks for her IP 5 and she ordered it the day it went on pre-sale. Seems to me like people just aren't patient for devices that they will forget about in a years time.

Jessica

mlm1950

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Is any company ever ready for demand? This happens at every Iphone launch. My sister waited 4 weeks for her IP 5 and she ordered it the day it went on pre-sale. Seems to me like people just aren't patient for devices that they will forget about in a years time.

Jessica

Apple should know better by now.

I went to a Microsoft store to looks at all the colors in person, and they didn't have a yellow one at all. I want to see one before I make a decision.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Nokia has to make devices for carriers all around the world, with many different specifications. They can't just stock up with millions and hope that the made the right amount for each carrier.

Carriers are the ones that order the phones from Nokia. They are the ones that tell Nokia how much initial stock they expect they need.

If carriers are wrong by a large amount (like with the cyan and yellow), we end up with a big backorder log because these phones aren't made at the snap of a finger.

vioalas

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
The thing is companies have to weigh the advantages and disadvantages in investing in more hardware manufacturers. Demand will always be high in release, and nokia could buy the facilities needed to cater to the public's demand in a timely manner. But in two months that enormous amount of demand won't be there, so they'd be losing money.

Now that all that is said and done, they did an awful job estimating demand for the device and should have invested in more manufacturers, because it seems that this phone will be more popular in the long run than what they thought.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Is any company ever ready for demand? This happens at every Iphone launch. My sister waited 4 weeks for her IP 5 and she ordered it the day it went on pre-sale. Seems to me like people just aren't patient for devices that they will forget about in a years time.Jessica
The difference is Apple makes millions of phones for launch and can't keep up. Nokia might have made a million.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
The difference is Apple makes millions of phones for launch and can't keep up. Nokia might have made a million.

You don't know that. I'd wait for sales numbers before making statements of how many were made.

(Incidentally, HTC had serious issues meeting demand too, especially with "multiple colors," which is a stocking and inventory nightmare. If you make "too many" of one color, people won't buy it. Make "too few" of another, and people still won't buy the color that you've got in stock.)

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
You don't know that. I'd wait for sales numbers before making statements of how many were made.

(Incidentally, HTC had serious issues meeting demand too, especially with "multiple colors," which is a stocking and inventory nightmare. If you make "too many" of one color, people won't buy it. Make "too few" of another, and people still won't buy the color that you've got in stock.)

If you keep making sense, you'll be labeled as an "apologist."

dameon_03

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
seems to me that the yellow of all colors they may have thought werent going to sell alot. but also given all the choice colors and the chance to have a unique color phone, i can see why cyan and yellow are hard to come by especially yellow

phasar

Banned
Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
The whole wp8 launch was laughable!There should never be a comparison with a iphone 5 launch, which has people lined up by the millions, with a wp8 launch which only a few people even know it is being released!

jsk0703

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Don't forget to check your local AT&T stores. Yellow is still available in limited stock in my area. I only had to wait 4 days to get my from my local store.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
The whole wp8 launch was laughable!There should never be a comparison with a iphone 5 launch, which has people lined up by the millions, with a wp8 launch which only a few people even know it is being released!

Ahhh, someone from iOS land.

The Nokia launch is a disaster because they've sold out of all the phones they can manufacture... but still, also a disaster because nobody has heard of the Windows Phone handsets and nobody wants one, thus they're not selling any. Makes sense after enough RDF, I s'pose. ;)

holyxiaoxin

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
So you think by complaining, you will get earlier stocks? If it does, we'll good luck to you. If not, just shut it and wait for the phone to come. Or you can get an android/iOS. We don't need people like you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
So you think by complaining, you will get earlier stocks? If it does, we'll good luck to you. If not, just shut it and wait for the phone to come. Or you can get an android/iOS. We don't need people like you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Complaining online is therapeutic.

Complaining about the wrong thing is therapeutic also I guess. :devil:

Complaining to AT&T got me about $62 in discounts for my trouble. But then again, at least I complained to the ones really responsible for my order.

...and judging by the bolded part... you're still waiting too? Come on... let's hear you vent. You know you want to. :wink:

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2