Attention! Possible Lumia 920 design defect

DROBinhood

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
At baseline, mine creaks when I press right above the microphone/FFC area. I can also confirm that, when the top of the phone heats up with heavy use, the area that creaks when pressed expands to about 50% of the top piece. This goes away when the phone cools down.

It also doesn't bother me, so long as it doesn't worsen over the next few years. I have to press at a very specific point to elicit the creak, and it's really only noticeable when the phone is warm from use.

Saltank

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
At baseline, mine creaks when I press right above the microphone/FFC area. I can also confirm that, when the top of the phone heats up with heavy use, the area that creaks when pressed expands to about 50% of the top piece. This goes away when the phone cools down.

It also doesn't bother me, so long as it doesn't worsen over the next few years. I have to press at a very specific point to elicit the creak, and it's really only noticeable when the phone is warm from use.

Mine does that too, when I press the back and front (screen) together, it creaks a bit around the SIM tray area. This same fault also means when the phone vibrates, it causes a rattle.

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I have sent my phone to Nokia to repair this problem. they haven't say anything yet but when i call customer support up they immediately said it's a hardware issue. seems to be very widespread

fredie12

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
bought my black lumia 920 11/11/12 and have no clicking at all! i did buy a cheap ?1.99 shell which has saved the body from damage on several occasions. just wonder if it could be climate conditions playing a part? (not too hot in uk 6c max)

uopjo6

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Wow....some people are super paranoid...creaks, 1mm gaps, are you for real?? Every phone has it's own defects (it's called Mass Production). Your premium car probably has defects. By the time you're done swapping phones and worrying about your 1mm gaps it's already time for you to upgrade in a year or 2 and you've wasted a big portion of your time just worrying about your phone.

It creaks when you push the top........does pressing the top give you any special functions? If not just stop pressing.

You're not buying a diamond brick with a few hundred bucks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital