Store Updates not displaying - 920 issue or WP8

PFI-Guy

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Having an odd issue with the Store not notifying updates.

If I know that there is an actual update and locate that app in the store, it gives me the update button and I can update that app.

I am also one of those unfortunate 920 owners who's phone locks up once a day or more.

History with Windows Phone Store. Very much an app junkie. Have 90 plus games and 200 apps installed on my Titan. When I got the 920, the store lost/deleted all but a couple dozen apps (free and paid). Have an open ticket with Windows Phone Store, but they are suggesting to write down a list of all my apps and send it to them and they will credit my account for repurchasing.

Irony is that the support rep stated that I had not purchased a single app on the account. :eck:

Have been with WP since the HTC HD7 was originally released.

Any thoughts on the Store not displaying update notifications?

Marius Pop

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Have the same store update issue on my Lumia 920. If I go to the app in the store and the app is not updated, I see the update button. If I don't press it and go back to home screen, I see that the live tile has a 1 now. So, it seems that it detects the update (live tile) only if you visit the store and click on the app. That's the only bad experience I had with this phone. I'm curious if this happens to other phones and carriers or is a store/OS problem.

Thanks

TotalLamer

Sep 15, 2009
Visit site
Neither really. It's not going to show the updates instantly. Probably it checks every now and then rather than constantly polling the Marketplace to see if any updated versions have been pushed out.

stonedauwg

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Having same problem. It's gotten worse over time. Used to get the live tile for Store updates all the time. Not lately. It's like they turned the polling interval waaay down :eck:

Marius Pop

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
After not receiving any updates in a week, I did a reset to factory using a backup I made before resetting. Noticed that 9 apps were not reinstalled due to OS incompatibility. Those were previously installed from the windowsphone.com web page and worked great (e.g. WhatsApp). I used to have those apps on my older WP7.5 and I installed them on WP8 too, with push notification from the purchase history. Now I have only WP8 apps and I'm waiting to see if that is the issue. I'll give it a couple of days and let you know.
By the way, do you have apps installed from a different place than the store app?

MS_DOS_3

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I had tried to install a few apps from the web just to see if that would give my store a jolt somehow but not luck.

Still not receiving updates. After your reset did the Nokia updates show/update to latest versions?

Marius Pop

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
After the factory reset, I waited 2 days for the system updates (network+, feedback to Nokia, extras+info, display+touch). Yesterday, after 4 more days I received a notification for 2 updates for normal apps. So, it works for me now. Not sure if the factory settings fixed the issue, the apps I uninstalled or it was just a store service delay. Bottom line is that in WP7.5 I was used with getting updates almost daily, now it seems like a holy day when I see updates. And I'm having about the same amount of apps installed.

Nelman

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
There is an issue with WP8. I just chatted with Microsoft tech help and they said there should be a fix for this sometime in January but he wasn't sure. I won't be holding my breath. I've had my Lumia 920 since November and have NEVER received notification for an update. So all you people who have been complaining about this are right. There IS a problem.

gilesjuk

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
It's normal. The phone doesn't poll for updates all the time as that would run down the battery and use up all of your data on your mobile account.

Is it really that much of a pain? you're not going to die or lose anything by not having the lastest version of an app.

Of course if you've never received an update that is something totally different.

Nelman

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
It's not normal. Yes, something IS wrong! Here are the answers I got during a chat with a Microsoft tech agent:

"If i understand right, you're needing help with your application updates? Definitely a known issue with the series 8 at this point. The Live Tiles on your device will prompt you for an update if you go to the store manually, but at this point the rollout fix is planned just not available as of yet. Found that you're not the only one having this issue as of late. 7.5's still update just fine, just not the 8's. I'll add your account as one of the known issues with it and ultimately as soon as an over-the-air update occurs for the device, it should resolve your issue. They're estimating mid January still, but again that's just an estimate."

makavelidc7

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
yes this happens to me now for some reason as well. its very annoying i have to go to store and manual search each app i have downloaded before it will even show in the update list at all !! this is so bad who the heck has time do this ! smartphones should be a tool to improve our lives and make things more easy NOT spend an hour and half going back from store to your apps list then back to store then back to apps list then back to store then back to apps list ! until this problem i had no issues with this phone really but now im really not going to buy another windows phone Back to android for me !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes