Poll: Lumia 920 makes sounds while on vibrate - OK or not?

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Still a big fan of this phone, but I noticed that the Lumia 920 makes sounds even when set to silent / vibrate mode. A recent update now causes the phone to beep when taken off the charger, and it's been making a loud shutter noise when taking a screenshot. I'm curious if this is OK with most people, and if there are any more 'sounds on silent' that I missed.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
my phone sounds sensitive wife makes this a definite no for me. It surprised me. Alarm Clocks are a different story and should always go off.

markamericana

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
It's weird, the thing where it makes a sound on vibrate when you take it off charge has only just started happening this week so it must have been turned on via an update. I take my Lumia 920 on and off a wireless charging plate on my desk all the time in an open plan office at work and it's been driving me nuts trying to work out how to turn this noise off! I don't think there's a way right now.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if the shutter sounds while taking screenshots is Lumia-only, or whether this is a WP8 thing. Such an odd choice to have this sound 'always on'. Plus it's a 'skeuomorphism', I thought WP was all about avoiding those!

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Got a response from Nokia. It turns out that the screenshot sound CAN be turned off although I still don't understand why it doesn't respect the 'vibrate mode' setting. They seem to think that you can turn off the 'charging stopped' chime as well, but it doesn't work for me. Full response below.
___

Regarding your concern about your Nokia Lumia 920's silent settings, we would like to inform you that you can disable everything such as the chime when charging, screen shot shutter, even in the sound of when connecting it to the charger as this is not a fault of the phone. To do this please follow the steps below:
1. Tap on Settings
2. Select ringtones+sounds
3. Turn off the following:
a. Ringer
b. Vibrate
4. If you want everything to be silent please select none on the following fields:
a. New text or IM
b. New voicemail
c. new email
5. If you want to turn off all extra tones on your phone, please un-tick the following:
a. Reminders
b. Key press
c. Lock and unlock
d. Camera shutter
e. All other notification
Please note that even if you follow the steps above, the alarm will still sounds on the specific time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonkalas