Hmmmm 920 problems....

nic comino

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Is it just me (and I mean that) but has anybody else noticed now that the issues surrounding the new Lumia 920 and WP8 have almost attained legendary status. I simply can't remember such a buzz about my HTC Desire when I got it two years ago - it just worked. The Lumia and WP8 combination is nothing short of stellar. But the issues........wow! Mine has gone back for replacement - unfortunately our country is out of yellow stock so another month wait for me :(

Is the whole "early adopter" thing valid?
If you were Nokia and/or Microsoft - desperate for market share - wouldn't you want to get it right? No dust under screens - no battery issues - no rebooting. Just make it work!
I fear a backlash. But, I'd say there are enough of us of the old guard who want to throw both Nokia and MS a lifeline in the mobile scene. Sadly, I'm not too keen on Apple and Google running the world. I quietly root for Samsung every now and then :)

I am amazed!

(Oh, and Blackberry 10 interests me a little I gotta say!)
Peace and happy Christmas to everybody.

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I dont think the issues are as enormous as they may seem.

Remember that forums attract people who have complaints, not people who have nothing to inquire about. So the ratio of problematic units to normal units seems quite insane when viewed on a forum.

That being said, it could very well be 90% of the devices, I have no idea. It would just be very odd.

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I was an early adopter of WP7, i got the HTC HD7 almost the first day it released in the UK, and until the first update, it was sh#t. Rebooting, battery issues, audio issue, dodgy switches on the phone.

I very nearly took my phone back, but gritted my teeth, and ever since the first update, WP7 was bulletproof for me.

I seem to be lucky, the only real issue i have with WP8 is the Windows Sync program, and thats not anything to do with the phone, its a piece of PC software.

Comparing WP7 & WP8 early adoption, its night and day for me. WP7 sh#t, WP8 excellent.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon