Lumia 920 screen color accuracy

MetroAbe

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys, this is my second Lumia 920 after I exchanged my first one due to battery concerns although it wasn't too bad. However my issue right now is that after comparing both phones against HTC One X and iPad3 displays I noticed that white screen is not as white/bright. It looks like the white has a warmer tone when compared to above mentioned displays. At the same time other colors are are not as saturated, feels like they're more natural looking.

One reason for warmer colors might be that Nokia toned down maximum brightness to keep black levels in check since OS has a black background by default.

Do any of you notice that your whites aren't as white? Open blank browser page on your devices and set displays to maximum brightness to compare and then share your results.

PS: My first 920 was from 45/2012 batch and second phone from 47/2012 batch and firmware was updated compared to the first phone.

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Whites aren't as white. That is definitely true. But I never found this to be an issue, myself. Lots of white isn't too pleasing on the eyes. If you crank the brightness, that helps a ton. Again, not something desirable to me.

Pete C

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I would agree with what is being said here about the whites and more natural looking colors. The One X is simply the best display I have ever seen, and even this recent shootout says its still on top. Colors are just a bit too saturated though, which is apparent if you've ever exported photos off the device and looked at them on a monitor. They put the Lumia 920 in after they already did their top 5 and said that it was right there at the top. The Samsung Galaxy S3 and Note 2 were easily the worst of the bunch.

HTC Droid DNA vs. iPhone 5 (And Everyone Else): Who's Got the Best Display? (UPDATED)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babukapyar