Anyone try disassembling the Charging plate?

LevSer

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I think it will be very easy for you to get to the inner parts. The shell is made up of two plastic pieces, one at the bottom, with all the components on top of it and then the top which surrounds and "pops" on to the bottom part.

If you want to get to the inner components you have to take a small flat screw driver and stick it in between the two plastic parts. Use the screwdriver as a wedge, but make sure you start at one of the short ends; Where the LED light is, or where the cable goes. I suggest starting at the end with the light. The plastic parts has these little "male" things (excuse my lack of English vocabulary) on the upper part which pops into these "female" holes on the bottom part. I think there is a total of 8 pairs and you have to pop them out one at a time. As I said start on one of the short ends and then take one on the left side, then one on the right, and repeat until you get it open. DO NOT take one side and then go over to the other, I tried that at first but it didn't work. :eck:

Be sure to really decide whether you want to proceed with this because you will most likely leave som dents on the lower part of the outer casing and you will without a doubt void your warranty.

I made it as far as getting the top piece off of the bottom one, so I could see the three coils charging underneath but I did not remove the charging coil and the rest of the board from the bottom shell piece since I was unable to finish my own shell and ditched that project. Now I just stash my charger in a Moleskine Notebook.

Here's an FCC filing document for your reference (click the "Internal Photos" link).

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786