Lumia 920 Headphone jack not working properly?

DeanoV6

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I have had this problem a couple of times on my Lumia 820 and a reboot has sorted it out. It seems to happen when certain notifications come through on your phone whilst either listening to music or having it on pause.

EliteMikes

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
The Wife's white lumia had this issue, restarting did nothing. Tried to rese the phone and it became a brick for days. At&t swapped it out for a new one, all is good now.

BT audio was also sounding really really bad. Like a squeaky wheel.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Sorry the thread necromancy, but thank WPC for having threads like this. My headphone jack was only playing through one side, I was bummed. I found this thread, restarted (which, like many others, didn't occur to me) and my 920 is playing fine now. :)

CapnPauly

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm bumping this up, too.
Mine started not responding to the button on multiple sets of headphones after running the GDR2/Amber update.

Anyone else experience this?

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
My headphone jack is also acting up. I have to twist around the connector a bit otherwise it plays out the loudspeaker. I just went back to my Lumia 800 as my music player. Can't be bothered to deal with it right now.

Frontline99

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Mine started doing this (literally days out of warranty) and I tried the restart, but no dice. I tried a couple different sets of headphones which I verified on other deivces. It's definitely a hardware issue. bumping the jack will fix it temporarily. I don't suppose there is much I can do. Has anyone else noticed that they can feel the internals slide around inside the casing? I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it.

njnbat

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
i tried the restart and its working. Happened to me for the first time in 1 year of using the phone. i was about to call nokia care for appointment but then this thread saved me :)

Thank you guys for sharing this info :)

pkelsey6

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
Life saver. Had just upgraded my data plan so I could stream Pandora in my car when the right channel went out. Thought it was the jack and getting it fixed was going to be a huge pain in the ***. Just tried the reboot and, BOOM, all is right with the world again. Many thanks.

karmacoma

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
reboot is not the permanent solution, I've used my L920 for a month and my sennheiser cx-300ii is gone now. at the end, you think you can fix it by rebooting again but careful, it may broke your earphones too.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
for those who can't fix it with a reboot:

it is very easy to replace. Once you get the housing off you can pry the jack gently off as it is only held in place with adhesive. insert the new one and put the housing back together. All you need is a T5 torx screw driver.
headphone jack lumia 920 | eBay

also. there are three (or four) prongs in the jack, one at the top right (when you look down with screen facing you). I was able to fix my daughter's headphone jack by carefully pulling the top prong outwards a little to give better contact (using a needle). Other prongs are on the left side. You may be able to do the same with the second one from top. But chances are small that this will cure your particular issue.
When you can hear sound only from one side, try to pull out the headphone cable one notch. On my daughter's phone you would hear on both channels now, however mono. That would indicate that the prong on the top right is pushed in too far and doesn't make good enough contact.

message me if you would like a step by step of the headphone jack replacement with pics. would be happy to do that. the videos from the link should be good though I believe.

Roby de Vries

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
i have this with my lumia 620 too, but a slimple reboot doesnt solve it, because i had it with my older phones either, galaxy ace, iphone 3gs, xperia sola, al the same problem, one ear doesnt work, later...both doesnt work, so i dont use my audiojack now, being afraid this will happen with the lumia 620 tooo, help? tried several reboots

sorry for my bad english, coming from the netherlands(16y/o)

rajuks1991

May 29, 2014
Visit site
This problem scared the **** out of me :shocked:
Thanks for sharing this ..... my first reaction after this happened was "okay relax!! Lets search on wpcentral " :grin:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2